Notifications
Clear all

Set List

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

What about some of the newer Brooks & Dunn tunes? I really like that "Play Something Country" song. They've got enough boogie tunes to fill a whole set list. :)

BTW, I really like Keith Urban, and particularly You'll Think Of Me. Great tune!

Also, (I haven't checked Hear Here yet) do you have some of these tunes recorded and on the net? I'd love to hear them ...

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 28/09/2006 7:02 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

do you have some of these tunes recorded and on the net? I'd love to hear them ...

Jason

You bet, check in my sig where its says Geoo's Music. I dont have anything recorded with the guys yet but we are working on it. But all the originals we are doing are on my soundclick at the link I mentioned.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 28/09/2006 8:17 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You bet, check in my sig where its says Geoo's Music. I dont have anything recorded with the guys yet but we are working on it. But all the originals we are doing are on my soundclick at the link I mentioned.

Jim

Ah, gotcha. I had already checked out your stuff but thought you might have the band stuff under a different account. Great stuff you have up, BTW. Nice writing (it's all good, but I really liked the lyrics). That Whiskey Slide made me want to go home and try my hand a tune like that! Alas, I don't own a banjo though! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 28/09/2006 8:33 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

That Whiskey Slide made me want to go home and try my hand a tune like that! Alas, I don't own a banjo though! :)

Jason

Oh yeah, Totally agree. That Whiskey Slide is actually written by Smokindog. I am just singin and doing my best harp player imitation.

Last night our band brought in a real drummer. It went pretty well. We were working on a couple new songs. Take It Easy as in The Eagles and something called Green Onion that I am trying to get my hands around. They took off on it but I couldnt figure out the chords. It was great having a live drummer.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 28/09/2006 9:14 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I think somebody already mentioned All Right Now, but I'll "second that emotion".

One I heard today that I think would be great for a set list is Hard to Handle, by the Black Crowes.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 02/10/2006 10:26 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I think would be great for a set list is Hard to Handle, by the Black Crowes.

Margaret

Ohh Margaret, if you only knew how much I love singing that song!! Hum, wonder if I can con the guys into doing it. I KNOW!! I'll learn to play and sing it myself and then in warm up when we are all getting ready I'll just bust out into it. It seems they never really care what song I rush into when warming up, they just pick up and go with it. LOL That could work in my favor for alot of songs.

Jim

Posted : 03/10/2006 8:55 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Geoo wrote: I'll learn to play and sing it myself and then in warm up when we are all getting ready I'll just bust out into it.
:lol: Sounds like a plan. I do love that song!

Margaret

Posted : 03/10/2006 12:50 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

OK, Geoo, you're going to get sick of me making suggestions, but I just keep hearing more great tunes that somebody should be performing.....

Adjusting my earlier suggestion for a Bob Seger song to a more recent one of his---Wreck This Heart. Now that's a rockin' tune!

And how's about Move It On Over? Give George Thorogood's rendition a listen.

8)

Margaret

Posted : 04/10/2006 1:59 am
Page 2 / 2