Clear all

Startin' to Jones

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's been 3 weeks since our last gig. I went to a cool/loud block party with a really heavy band tonight. It was powerful. I was so wanting to play but we all know the feeling. Still, I'm just waiting for another gig. Man, it's killin' me! After the party my practicing in my music room didn't quite cut it! :cry:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 17/09/2006 7:46 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

If you get desparate, come down and jam with my band some weekend. I'm still trying to get Twisted Fingers to come up from his location. You're always welcome to come sit for a night.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/09/2006 4:18 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I can relate to this, our band has only been playing about once a month for the last six months. Before that we were gigging every weekend. I really prefer playing about 2-3 times per month max. We have one gig in Sept., that's it.

Weekly practice is ok, but it's not the same as playing in front of an audience. There are lots of Open Mics in my area, but they're all on worknights. I have been working 11-12 hours per day, 6 days a week to cover for a co-worker out with kidney surgery, so there's no way I can go out at night to play and get up at 4:30 AM to go to work. I'm so tired I barely practice lately. But I have really been wanting to get out and play more. So I know how you feel.

The only good thing is I'm gettin' lots of overtime pay. I have been buying lots of goodies for guitar lately. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 17/09/2006 6:07 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Corbind, why'd your bandmates want to go and move to S. Carolina anyway, when we have 20 below zero and snow and ice up here??

Hope you find someone new to play with soon.
Wes Inman wrote: The only good thing is I'm gettin' lots of overtime pay. I have been buying lots of goodies for guitar lately.

Don't forget to set a little of that OT dough aside for that Daisy Rock guitar for your daughter! Or maybe she's going to want a nice keyboard, to funk-up her piano practice. :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 17/09/2006 7:15 pm