Notifications
Clear all

Time to really blow my own trumpet

26 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

intense, and I thought A level music and being asked questions about electric guitar by an old trombonist was bad....

for the aural, was it like "this piece begins in C major, where does it modulate"?

I'm dabbling in classical, mostly for sight-reading and because I have a classical guitar, so wanna learn bits of technique, so I've made a note of those picking forms for when I've developed a bit. If you've not done so already (and time-permitting, of course), might I suggest you do an article (or more) for GN on classical guitar? I'll confess I've not looked for such lessons on here as I have more than enough to be getting on with as it is, but in the future I know I'd certainly appreciate it.

And again, congratulations.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 25/03/2008 4:59 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's terrific! Congratulations!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/03/2008 5:12 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Blow that horn... nice job although I really thought you'd hit 90%, you must be spending too much time on your day job!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 25/03/2008 6:58 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's pretty impressive, Alan. Congrats!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/03/2008 2:42 am
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Congratulations-Job well done. Must be a very good feeling.I Will give your replies far more weight from now on!!! Thanx for all your help to forum members in the past.
Robbie

Posted : 26/03/2008 2:29 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Wow! Congrats!

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't clear on exactly what that meant until I read your detailed post. Just reading it made my head explode! :D

Enjoy!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 26/03/2008 3:01 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Congrats!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 26/03/2008 11:20 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats, Alan !

Is there any higher grade also ?

Posted : 02/04/2008 9:35 am
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Congrats, Alan !

Is there any higher grade also ?

Grade 8 is as high as they go. the next step is the DipLCM, then the Associateship, a Licenciate and a Fellowship.

Hank Marvin's a Fellow.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 02/04/2008 10:11 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Late response but anyway:
Pretty impressive. Heck, very extremely impressive! :shock:

Posted : 02/04/2008 12:43 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wow! Congrats!

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't clear on exactly what that meant until I read your detailed post. Just reading it made my head explode! :D

Enjoy!

Jason

+1

Alan, you're sick! :shock: :shock: :shock:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 05/04/2008 6:51 pm
Page 2 / 2