Clear all

To All American GNers...

100 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
13.3 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

First time I heard those Vuvuzelas, I wondered what was going on - sounded like a swarm of bees in the living room! You get used to it afer a while, though - it just kind of filters into the everyday background noise. Till the Mrs walks in and says, "What's that awful racket!"....

I've seen every game so far, and I think they're louder when there's an African team playing, though they are ever-present. So - who's going to be first to use 'em on an album? Unless Paul Simon's already done it?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/06/2010 1:23 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I wish my TV had a parametric EQ. I could cut right at their frequency. They emit a Bb 3 (around 466 Hz).

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 15/06/2010 11:06 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I wish my TV had a parametric EQ. I could cut right at their frequency. They emit a Bb 3 (around 466 Hz).

So we could do a world-wide jam in Bb-minor!

I've read that some TV broadcasters have been playing with their processors to try to remove most of the din. I think BBC (Sky?) may be the first.

Posted : 15/06/2010 12:33 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Heh, 2-2. Assuming Algeria gets hammered by England the US will probably make it. 8)

Posted : 18/06/2010 2:56 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Heh, 2-2. Assuming Algeria gets hammered by England the US will probably make it. 8)

And that's a big fat 0-0 for England. :D

Posted : 18/06/2010 8:39 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Holy cow - now I'm thinking it's most likely Slovenia (which I thought was a long shot) and the US to advance in the group. I'm impressed by Argentina too - let's see how they do against Greece on Tuesday.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 18/06/2010 8:49 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Djeez, dont have a clue what will happen now. US should beat Algeria, givin them 5 points for direct qualification and sending the Algerians straight back home. England *should* win against Slovenia but so far they've played like royal crap (sorry Vic) and anything but a win will give them a humiliating exit.

But whatever, tomorrow we'll play Japan and that's MUCH more important. :lol:

Posted : 18/06/2010 9:13 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

There's football going on?!? Sorry, I've been really busy jazzing in Spain. :roll:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 18/06/2010 10:06 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

England *should* win against Slovenia but so far they've played like royal crap (sorry Vic) and anything but a win will give them a humiliating exit.

No apologies needed, though I'd take exception to the word "royal" - there's been nothing remotely royal about England's performances!

Surprised none of you Americans are up in arms about being robbed yesterday - there was nothing at all wrong with the disallowed American goal. On the contrary, the referee could have given a penalty against no less than THREE Slovenian players for holding Americans. Disgraceful refereeing.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/06/2010 2:29 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it was a bad call Vic... but not as bad as the call robbing Galaragga of his perfect game a couple weeks ago. So maybe we're just getting used to really bad refereeing.

Besides, all we've got to do is spank Algeria Wednesday and I think we're in.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 19/06/2010 2:50 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Surprised none of you Americans are up in arms about being robbed yesterday - there was nothing at all wrong with the disallowed American goal. On the contrary, the referee could have given a penalty against no less than THREE Slovenian players for holding Americans. Disgraceful refereeing.

Vic

Oh, I'm just now able to talk about it! :evil: Nothing less than an embarrassment for FIFA. To have an obviously inferior referee ruin a great come back by a team down 2 - 0 at half-time, regardless of who the team was, is just awful. That it happened to my team just makes it worse for me. :x ROBBED! :(

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/06/2010 3:01 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Posted : 20/06/2010 2:12 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent, JW, excellent.

Do you have the tabs? :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 20/06/2010 4:33 pm
(@davidhodge)

Love the repeat sign at the end. Really doesn't work without it!

Too cool!

Peace

Posted : 20/06/2010 4:34 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent, JW, excellent.

Do you have the tabs? :mrgreen:

Capo 1st fret, and play an A chord. Or for variety, tune to F Bb F Bb D F and play all six strings open. Suggested strumming pattern....U/D/U/D/U/D/U/D.

Vic

Posted : 20/06/2010 5:01 pm
Page 5 / 7