Urgent Prayer Request/ One Year Later

161 Posts
45 Users
0 Likes
40.1 K Views
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I will get to the blood center when I get back home. I think I am eligible to give again.

Nick, no need to send me strings but a H@#L of a nice gesture.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 08/10/2005 3:21 pm
(@rob-l)
Trusted Member

Celt, Hang in there. Many prayers for tour grandson's speedy recovery.

Rob

Well I got this guitar and I'm tryin' to learn how to make it talk.

Posted : 08/10/2005 5:40 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I would have certainly given blood.(i am 18 i can certainly take this).
But living so far i guess it is not possible.(and nick i have just installed a new set of strings on my classical guitar so i don't even need those strings).

I will pray to all gods in our hindu mythology for the little kid.

Get well soon..........(i urge you all please not to use smileys here in this thread because i guess , using them makes it non serious even if you have no intentions of that sort.Thanks , only IMHO )

Posted : 08/10/2005 7:22 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I donate blood every 8 weeks, too. (O negative.) No strings needed here.

Agree with the helmet recommendation. I've personally had what brain I've got saved by helmets twice.

And I agree with the plug for the Ronald MacDonald houses. Very helpful organization.

Celt, it's wonderful to hear that things are sounding good. We'll keep praying, and you keep us updated.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 08/10/2005 8:04 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Good News this morning

Shaun is awake and responsive.

The Doctors have decreased his sedation and his eyes are open
and following his mother's voice. He still has a ventilator tube in
so he can't speak but they plan on removing that soon also.
He still has plenty of recovery ahead of him but this the "BIG"
step we have all been waiting for. Just to have him back with us
is so good to know.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

As I've said many times before Thank You.

John

PS Some people call Nick The Ulimate in Funky
To me he is just "The Ultimate"

You're the greatest Man

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 09/10/2005 11:41 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nick, no-one needs an incentive to give blood...hell, I've been doing it since I was 18, I usually donate every month...for the simple reason I'm AB- and the Blood Transfusion Service calls me.....

I haven't been able to donate for a couple of months because of the medication I'm on....hopefully, I'll be finished with that soon, but I'll have to put some weight back on before they'll let me give again....

I worked in the Haematology department of a large hospital for two years, in all that time, all the blood tests I did, I saw THREE cross-matches that came up AB- .....and two of those were a mother and daughter.....

John - all the schools around here have speed bumps (sleeping policemen, they're called locally!) not just in the street where the school is located, but for the next 2 or 3 blocks....don't you have anything like that where you are?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/10/2005 11:42 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

John,

GREAT news about Shaun!!! I'll continue to keep him in my prayers & thoughts as he recovers. Glad to see you're hanging in there too. Keep the faith.

Nick, I'll try to go give blood this week. I say "try", because every other time I've tried, I start to pass out! (hate the sight of blood! - I know, big baby...) I haven't been in awhile, so maybe I'll take it better this time. I will definately go though. Don't need the strings either, but great offer.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/10/2005 12:16 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I've been told that if you have a tattoo, they won't let you donate blood. I guess they're trying to avoid the possibility of Hep C. does anyone know if this is true?
My dad used to donate all the time, so the first time I had the opportunity to donate I did. Turns out I passed out, and the nurse said I really should'nt donate. That was quite some time ago, so I'd be willing to try again.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 09/10/2005 12:17 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Red Cross Guidelines for Giving Blood:

Red Cross

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 09/10/2005 12:40 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Thank you for the update.

This is the first thread I check when I log on seeing if there is an update with good news.

Great to hear the little guy is pulling through!

Posted : 09/10/2005 1:52 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I've been told that if you have a tattoo, they won't let you donate blood. I guess they're trying to avoid the possibility of Hep C. does anyone know if this is true?
My dad used to donate all the time, so the first time I had the opportunity to donate I did. Turns out I passed out, and the nurse said I really should'nt donate. That was quite some time ago, so I'd be willing to try again.

I have three tattoos and was never turned down for giving blood. Although I can't do it now. Gulf War vets have been restricted from giving blood for quite awhile. I looked into it the other day at the local Red Cross and it was an emphatic No, sorry.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 09/10/2005 2:04 pm
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Great news, John. That first step is the biggest.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 09/10/2005 2:38 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Yes, Glad to hear he is awake and responsive and things are looking up.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 09/10/2005 3:07 pm
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

This is the first time I saw this thread. The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me. John, it is good to see that Shaun has come around and seems to be on the mend. Every long journey starts with a single step.

This is every parents / grandparents worst nightmare.

Giving blood is one of those things that you can do that doesn't cost you anything, yet the benefits are priceless. Everytime I give I think that I've saved a life somewhere in the world. That's a pretty humbling feeling.

All the best to Shaun.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

Posted : 09/10/2005 4:20 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Okay everybody, I want to get this in perspective. I didn't think of it when I posted originally.

You would be doing a noble thing to give blood, way beyond anyone thinking you'd be mercenary enough to do it for a set of strings. So stop worrying about it.

Give blood for Shaun's sake. Give blood because it's the right thing to do. Give blood to save someone else's life.

Just think of the strings as the nurse coming up to you after and saying:

Can I get you some juice? Apple or Orange?
Cookie? Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip?
Strings? Medium or lights?

It's just a token. :D

Posted : 09/10/2005 4:25 pm
Page 3 / 11