professional high speed basket weaving.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 23/04/2008 5:07 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Baseball is my favorite sport, anyway so I just try to keep up with my Yankees via the interwebs. :)

Here's a really good way to keep up with the Yankees. http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/04/2008 5:09 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Baseball is my favorite sport, anyway so I just try to keep up with my Yankees via the interwebs. :)

Here's a really good way to keep up with the Yankees. http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Noooooooooooooooooooo. Make it stop. My eyes! MY EYEEEEEEEEES!!!!
:P

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 23/04/2008 5:17 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Noooooooooooooooooooo. Make it stop. My eyes! MY EYEEEEEEEEES!!!!
:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/04/2008 5:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nothing against Baseball, in fact I quite enjoy the game. It's hard enough to hit a cricket ball with a flat bat, so anyone who can consistently hit a round baseball with a round bat deserves some respect. Same with the pitchers - throwing at that speed at such a small target must be difficult.

I got interested a few years ago when there was a rivalry between Mark McGwire (think I spelt that right?) and Sammy Sosa to see who could break the home run record....then Barry Bonds beat them both. It's televised over here on Sunday nights, but it pretty much takes up most of the early hours.

American Football? I've watched it, and I can't stand it - but then again, I hate Rugby Union and I love Rugby League - work that one out!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/04/2008 6:41 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

it was a sad day for me when Barry Bonds beat the home run record . jury is out re: his steroid enhancement.
I remember when the record was set by Hank Aaron. he was our home team guy. he did it without any enhancements.
he was a cool guy. he signed my baseball glove. you see, the stadium was small back then. it was in Milwaukee Wisconsin. the baseball stadium was next to the veterans center and park. my unle, surviving Pearl harbor would walk me and my cousin thru the graveyard, shortcutting to the vets viewing area above right field. after the games he'd take us down to the gate when the players came out to go home or whatever. I held up my glove and Hank grabbed it. wow.

now, I am not into pro sports at all. I am left out of many conversations. I don't mind. I just want to play my guitar.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 23/04/2008 7:06 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I remember when the record was set by Hank Aaron. he was our home team guy. he did it without any enhancements.
he was a cool guy. he signed my baseball glove. Wow. :shock: Now that's bloody kewl.

{quote="dogbite"]
now, I am not into pro sports at all. I am left out of many conversations. I don't mind. I just want to play my guitar.

amen to that. I used to be pretty obsessed with sports as a young kid. but these days even with football, I'm just not "up on the latest" and have little interest in being so. playing sports is a different matter, but following them is something I've largely grown out of. L.F.C. will awlays have my heart, though.

and baseball is pretty kewl. always liked baseball. and basketball - that goes fast enough for me to watch with some interest. I like ice hockey, but doubt its the "sport" that amuses me, more the sanctioned violence. there is something incredibly british about that.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 23/04/2008 7:38 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

yea I've always been a bit of a jock and played sports all my life but I'm kinda like the rest of you I'd rather play a sport than watch one although I do watch baseball, football and basketball if my teams are on but that's rare since I don't like local teams.

I never was into hockey at all and still am not but if you ever get a ticket to see a real pro hockey game go see it, it's one of the better sports to watch live, you miss so much on TV. The rest of the sports I'd almost prefer watching on TV but not hockey it's a whole different game.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 23/04/2008 8:27 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I played ball (baseball) all up through school and then 20 years later for a few years of Senior League in the 38+ division. Always was my favorite to play. It's physical requirements are under-rated, but there are a couple of positions a fat old guy like me can play. Still, when you walk with pain until Thursday from a Sunday game from Beginning of April throught mid November.....ouch. I "retired", so to speak. Would not have been able to play last year or this year anyhow, so no big loss.

Live hockey is great, like cnev said. I do like most pro sports from yesteryear than I do now though. The fields have gotten too small for the size, speed and strength of athletes exhibited today. Then when you add technique to the mix, you get freakshows.

Roy

Posted : 23/04/2008 8:48 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

softball in the summer with a Bar B Que !!!!
and then fireworks at night. that's nostalgia.

so when I am not playing my guitar and
I am not painting or drawing and
when I am not watching or playing sports and
when I am not pulling a jar or two with my mates and
when I have the time
I like to garden. I got rid of the lawn around my house and planted perennials.

you should come over and see the early tulips.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 24/04/2008 12:14 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

them Yankees seem to be doin' aight tonight against the White Sox, 3-0 due to the WS outfield's inability to choose good routes. Nice play Yankees with two bases loaded. heh heh. 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 24/04/2008 12:48 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

having derailed this thread completely........

I used to do a fair bit of painting and drawing, too. gave most of my paintings away to friends, but I think I've got a few sketches lying around somewhere. used to sketch rock stars a lot (hmm.....wonder why?), so I might see if I can around to adding one (or 20) to photobucket.

I'm actually quite enjoying my current learning-gutiar-techie-and-painting stuff. the painting bit is satiating my painter-side, lol. just wish I had more cash/space/time to really get into it, but little by little is better than not at all, I guess. can't wait until I start getting comfortable with different paint techniques and tools for guitar though, I keep coming up with loads of ideas.

I also used to write poetry. pretty bad poetry, lol. wrote a lot when drunk (I'm surprisingly coherent when drunk) which would end up left in friend's rooms inevitably. and, um, theatre....lighting, acting, sound design and set design. I got pretty good at the lighting, though. Love Terry Hans who (last I checked) was doing stuff as artistic director with Theatre Clwyd in Wales. Really stylists work, but absolutely unique and very inspriing. Getting a bit into photography, although I don't understand much of the techie-talk, mostly black and white stuff - my lighting work really is what my photography's all about, capturing light and dark, and patterns and stuff. but I know when I do well in photography, the vision may well be mine and intended, but sccessfully executing it is still 99% pure dumb luck.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 24/04/2008 12:55 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Yeah the Yanks did pretty good tonight. :D
Never seen a cricket match, Vic. I would like to someday.
having derailed this thread completely........

I used to do a fair bit of painting and drawing, too. gave most of my paintings away to friends, but I think I've got a few sketches lying around somewhere. used to sketch rock stars a lot (hmm.....wonder why?)
Same here. I still have a couple sketches of Duran Duran around somewhere that I did as a teenybopper in the 80's, lol.
Aaand I also have been known to write bad poetry or lyrics on occasion, usually revolving around some pathetic man that took my heart and smashed it to bits. :roll: Never tried it drunk, though. I may have to give that a whirl. Hey, if Don Henley can write Witchy Woman while suffering from a high fever, why not? :lol:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 24/04/2008 2:16 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Cricket can put anyone to sleep I am talking about the 5 day game ...Yawn zzzzzzzzzz

American Football ....Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Baseball is about exciting as watching paint dry

Basket ball is about as exciting as watching grass growing

Rugby League ...That is what I used to play many years ago , but I watch it now and its' like watching touch football the little Kiddies play ...

I have found the most exciting past ever .....

Fill the Fridge / Ice box up with mmmmm Beer ... As many as you can get in there .....

Then wait 4 hours and start drinking them , you have 4 hours to empty the fridge ...

I have never finished this game in the a lotted hours , as my fridge holds exactly 256 beers

But I have tried and tried , they say purrrfect practice makes purrfect ...

So pussy cats I am off to training now , I practice this every week end with out fail ...

One day I am going become the victor ....

Drink on my lovelies ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fridge will lose one day ....

__________________________________---

At no time do I encourage heavy drinking ....
I just do it , because I can :idea: :idea: :idea:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 24/04/2008 8:06 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I used to do a fair bit of painting and drawing, too.
Aaand I also have been known to write bad poetry or lyrics on occasion, usually revolving around some pathetic man that took my heart and smashed it to bits. :roll: Never tried it drunk, though. I may have to give that a whirl.
Never tried what drunk?
Painting, drawing, bad poetry, lyrics or pathetic men?

PS Pathetic men + you drinking = Not good

(hey, some people are just not good at math)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 24/04/2008 8:06 am
Page 5 / 7