Clear all

collaberation on skype?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

i have just got skype - i never knew what it was until now, i guess i live in the dark ages :lol:

Anyway i have 2 weeks off work over christmas and plan to write a song.

I would love to collaborate with another GN member - i guess mainly because i think it would be fun to chat live over skype and write a song between us that we could post on hear here.

anybody interested?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 12/12/2010 7:29 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hey almann1979,

I would maybe interested...if I could get the dang thing to work right! have you actually tried to play music over skype? I have, & it comes across horribly distorted.

Voices are fine on both ends, but no matter what I try, the music just won't come across clear. It is very odd...I have tried quite a few different settings, used a headset/mic, & a "standalone" mic in an attempt to isolate the problem.

Nothing seems to fix it. If you or anyone else has any ideas/suggestions, please post them.

Posted : 16/12/2010 1:23 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello katmetal.

I agree skype can be hard enough to use for holding a conversation, never mind a jam. But i had in mind more of an exchange of ideas, chord progressions, lyrics etc on skype, which we could then go away and record the parts afterwards, perhaps emailing each other our separate bits like they do in the normal jams on here.

I suppose the skype would just be an interesting way to plan a song out and exchange ideas, i would'nt recommend it for the actual recording part.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 16/12/2010 10:34 am
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Great idea - I only go on skype when people arrange a time - but I would like to do this I don't know what my skype username is but PM me we will talk - then I will find out for you another day.

Adam

together we stand, divided we fall..........

Posted : 11/08/2011 6:21 pm