Autumn Jam - Now Started

55 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
26.3 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anyone want to do a song? I'm not into a huge production right now, but could throw out a couple minutes of lead playing. I'll even play den-mother.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/10/2010 3:37 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

It's been a while but I might be able to put aside some time for this.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 12/10/2010 4:05 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

What are you in the mood for?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/10/2010 12:01 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Right now just about anything will do. I'm sort of starving for a guitar project.

I like rock but not blistering lead stuff that requires talent. :lol:

Bish

Posted : 13/10/2010 9:43 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cover song or Jam?

Roy

Posted : 14/10/2010 3:11 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i was in the process of deciding to write an original song - what about a team effort on that? like one person does lyrics, one does the chord progession, on person sings, and guitar duties are dished out equally?

just an idea - dont want to gatecrash the thread?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 14/10/2010 7:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

i was in the process of deciding to write an original song - what about a team effort on that? like one person does lyrics, one does the chord progession, on person sings, and guitar duties are dished out equally?
I'd be game for something, I think, but I'm not sure I'd want to do an original. Well, let me take that back. I've go no interest in writing a song right now. I'd be glad to play something, but not sure exactly how to fit in or what to play.

Roy

Posted : 20/10/2010 7:46 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I'd be interested in a slot in a jam collab.
:)

Don

Posted : 25/10/2010 2:16 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cool, Don. Welcome aboard. :)

I'm hunting down and upbeat, non-bluesy jam right now. Most of what I've seen has guitar in it leaving little room for even a soloist. Blues and even Jazz backing or jam tracks available 10 ways to Sunday. Give me another day or so and I should have something.

Roy

Posted : 25/10/2010 3:26 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bish, this one is upbeat. Still Blues, but very up beat. I think I'll need to splice and dice to make 3 nice parts (or more if others want in). So, Don and Bish, lemme know. :D

I deleted the sample/demo from my soundclick page. No use for it now. The colab BT is on the next page.

Roy

Posted : 27/10/2010 11:06 am
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Hi Roy,

Can I get in on this one too? I know I dropped the ball on the last one with real life issues getting in the way. Was hoping to get back in the swing with these jams, which are such a fun part of the great community here. Anyway, no problem if I'm the "3rd (or 4th) wheel", I'll wait for the next one. :-)

Posted : 27/10/2010 1:10 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi Hammer1,

I see no problems jumping in. I have not made any adjustments or splicing and dicing yet, so no probs as far as I am concerned.

Roy

Posted : 27/10/2010 1:17 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I like it, Roy. Count me in.
What a workout!...
:)

Don

Posted : 27/10/2010 1:56 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Bish, this one is upbeat. Still Blues, but very up beat. I think I'll need to splice and dice to make 3 nice parts (or more if others want in). So, Don and Bish, lemme know. :D

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9807747
Sure, let's give it a go.

Thanks, Roy!

Bish

Posted : 27/10/2010 9:45 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alrighty. that makes four of us. Let me splice & dice or make a whole new one to accomodate us all with ample space. It's Wednesday. I'll wait until Friday, lunch time EST. If no one else, than it will be a four slot jam and I'll finish the file accordingly.

Roy

Posted : 27/10/2010 9:59 pm
Page 1 / 4