Autumn Jam - Now Started

55 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
26.3 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This took 2 1/2 weeks to get rolling, but we're rolling. I took the backing track I demo'd before and did some splicing and dicing. This get's interesting. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=833547&songID=9816215

First, the section assignments. Please let me know which section you want by the end of the weekend. If not, I'm flipping coins and assigning. :twisted:

The 1st section includes the intro. A bit of a battle with the piano for space on the intro.

Sections 2 and 3 are identical. I'll take one of them.

The 4th section includes the Outro and is this piece's longest section. I did think about trimming it up. There's about 25 seconds or so of repeat before that last few bars for the outro. I left it in there as it might serve someone as a space to build up the short outro or do something entirely different after their normal section was done. a little extra play-space. 8)

Section 1: 0:07 - 1:41 (Hammer1)(Includes Intro)
Section 2: 1:41 - 2:59 (Roy)
Section 3: 2:59 - 4:17 (Don)
Section 4: 4:17 - 6:09 (Bish)(Includes a lengthy Outro)

Each section has a short piano solo in it. I left it in there. It serves as a space between two pieces of each section. Each section has a regular shuffle feel followed by the piano solo and followed by an accelerated tempo of the shuffle. (Is that double time or 1/2 time? I always forget.) The separation the solo provides may help you to divide the two bits of lead that you'll have to do.

Whether you try to play something over or with the piano solo is up to you. I have not figured out how or what myself, but I'm going to try to at least accompany it quietly.

Due Dates:
Let's have everything to me by November 29th. I'll piece together and release by the end of that week. Maybe somebody will be gracious enough to get a Holiday Jam going.

Have Fun!!!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/10/2010 4:25 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Slot 3 for me please. :)

Don

Posted : 29/10/2010 4:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Slot 3 for me please. :)
Done

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/10/2010 4:35 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Hi Roy. No preference for me, whatever is left I will take.

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:02 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OK, hammer1, if you don't care, I'll take the section 4.

God help us all. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:08 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OK, Roy, I guess I need some help.

How do I download this song?

Thanks!

Bish

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ew! That didn't open like it used to. Let me see if I set it up wrong.

Roy

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:13 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

OK, Roy, I guess I need some help.

How do I download this song?

Thanks!

Hi Bish. Looks like you go to main artist page (link on the left), then click on "full" next to the track, which should be listed on top. Then there is link for download.

EDIT : Here's direct link.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=833547&songID=9816215

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:15 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just changed the link to get to what Hammer1 had outlined. Looks like soundclick changed a bit. Oh well. Just choose download on this page. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=833547&songID=9816215

Roy

Posted : 29/10/2010 6:18 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thank you very much! :)

Bish

Posted : 30/10/2010 12:50 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hokey Dokey, the big day is upon us. Who is done? Not me. Not one more person that I know of. I think we both tried the getting clever approach and failed. soooo, we need another week. New due date of December 6th. Sound good?

Roy

Posted : 29/11/2010 10:57 am
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Sounds good to me Roy. I've been working on it and have a basic outline (in my head only) of what I want to do, just need to sit down with some peace and quiet and get it on "tape". The extra week is appreciated. Now all I need to do is carve out some time for myself at home. Wish me luck. :-)

Posted : 29/11/2010 12:53 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ummm....just one week? :oops:

Bish

Posted : 03/12/2010 1:44 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2? :lol:

Roy

Posted : 03/12/2010 1:56 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OK, I'm sorry.

With Thanksgiving and 3 family birthdays in November, time just got away from me.

I have been playing at church and now they are throwing in new songs and that has taken a better part of my evenings. I'll get cracking on it next week for sure.

Sorry for the hold up.

Bish

Posted : 03/12/2010 10:36 pm
Page 2 / 4