Notifications
Clear all

2,000th ...plus 6...Post!

30 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

You are a great asset to this great community!

Aren't you off by two letters in asset? :shock: :P :D Just kidding Taso.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I wasn't bragging, I was commenting on the inverse relationship between posting and practicing.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i don't mean to come off as a "know it all" some stuff i know about, most stuff i'm good at Googling.
i could probably practice a lot more and still be barely concidered an intermediate.
this is my second "go-round" with the guitar and i'm barely playing Layla (unplugged version)
Chords:
Dm xx0231
Bb x13331
C x32010
C#m7 x46454
G#7 464544
C* x5555x
D x57775
E 022100
E7 022130
F#m 244222
B x24442
A x02220

i still hold to the comment i made in the "what have you learned" thread,
you guys (and a few gals) have made all the differance in my progress.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am beginning to think that having a large number of posts may have some impact on the amount of actual practicing that takes place but in some regards it is just as valuable. Having a large amount of posts also means having read a large amount of posts. Even an expert can learn things from others by reading about their problems and fixes. I have learned a lot from healthy discussions on theory, chord formations, scales, ways to practice etc..

Then add is the factor that answering someones questions takes some degree of thinking and investigation to provide the right answer which you can also learn from. And thinking about the answers is also practicing.

There are some exceptions to the rule like this post of mine. It adds to my post count but adds no value to the community and I didn't learn anything. Probably like most of my posts :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Since I only post when I'm at work it never interferes with practice time...so you'd think the reverse would be true...less posts = better player...hasn't worked for me..maybe if I stop posting and stop playing I'll get better..yea I think that's it

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The "official" Guitarnoise index....

I =(((P x (APT - (PTL/NSP))) x (L - F)) / GT) x ((HG/TR) x 100)

I is your official GN index rating; P = Number of posts, APT = Average time spent per post, PTL = Practise time wasted posting, NSP = New subjects practised, L = What you've learned, F = what you've forgotten, GT = Actual time spent playing guitar, HG = Help Given and TR = Thanks received......

My GN index is 42....now I'm off for some lunch at Milliway's...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

haha...

I'd have to agree with you anyways TF!

Does that equation really work vic?

*edit: Changed "taht" to "that". I always make taht typo. ;)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Does taht equation really work vic?
It is mathematically sound but you have to lie to make it come out the way you want :twisted: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Does taht equation really work vic?
It is mathematically sound but you have to lie to make it come out the way you want :twisted: :lol:

Figures don't lie. But liars figure. :twisted: :wink:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Figures don't lie.
Many people have lost fortunes believing that. And many have created fortunes exploiting that belief. :?

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Figures don't lie.
Many people have lost fortunes believing that. And many have created fortunes exploiting that belief. :?

yep that's why there's a second part to that saying.
:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

And that's the important part. But all to often the saying never gets there.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

That's cause people forget to not believe everything they hear, or read. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

BRRRRRRRR , again my post got deleted :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

And I didn't even delete this one.

Couple of clues though, if it's full of words to defeat the censor, demeaning to women or anybody as a matter of fact, valueless or completely off topic, it stands a good chance of getting deleted.

You do post some good stuff. Just take the time to read what you just wrote before you hit the post button and you'll find you never get a post deleted.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2