Notifications
Clear all

3 bands who belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

46 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

You know, "how many Hits" an artist has is not necessarily the only criteria for the Hall of fame. My pick for this year would be The Seeds :twisted: They only had one or two hits,(Pushin to Hard) but they set the stage for later punk rockers IMHO :wink:

Being seminal and being popular are definitely two different things. Unfortunately, we reward popularity more often. I think Patti Smith is/was more original than BOC -- but that's just me.

RE The Seeds: Agree, and I feel the same about ? and the Mysterions (96 Tears), and the Zombies Of course, the Zombies probably already are in the RnRHoF.

Fame = Popularity .... it's not the hall of origonality, it's the hall of fame.

As far as origional ...... BOC is one of the fore fathers of heavy metal. They formed in the late 60's. It is rumored the term heavy metal was coined to describe their sound. Buck Dharmas guitar playing has been described as proto shred in Guitar World Magazine. Look up what proto means.

proto
adjective
indicating the first or earliest or original; "'proto' is a combining form in a word like 'protolanguage' that refers to the hypothetical ancestor of another language or group of languages"

As for Patti Smith's hits ...... I was around in the 70's and 80's for sure but that Because the Night cover is the only song of hers I recognise. I don't dispute her origionality or talent.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4