Clear all

60's songs....

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Hey Ray,
Good to see you, been awhile. It's been a year of ups and downs, mostly good though.
Got promoted to a supervisor at work which is good, but the shift is from 11-7:30 which kind of sucks. Got a new band together, my own band this time and not stepping into something that's already established. Took a little longer than I would have liked but the guys are great. Just got confirmation of our first gig being booked.

So have have you been doing? Any new toys?

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

so, what am i? chopped liver?
sheesh :roll:
nice to hear you got a band together, are you still playing with the Denver Jazz band? (or whatever it was called)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

so, what am i? chopped liver?
sheesh :roll:
nice to hear you got a band together, are you still playing with the Denver Jazz band? (or whatever it was called)
Hey Lefty, not chopped liver by a long shot, good to see you. No I'm notdoing jazz anymore, R&R pulled me back. How have you been?

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sometimes you just gotta build something yourself if you want something. Glad to hear it's working out so far. That whole shift thing though. Ugh! I worked the last 1/2 of the 80's like that. I did 11:00 - 8:30. I do a 7:00 am to 4:00pm (when I get back to work, that is). My boss is in London and most of my team-mates are in India.

New Toys? Right before I got sick, I got a Fender Blues Deluxe. Sounds really sweet with the keef-o-caster plugged in. :D Other than that, just hanging around the house, dosing up and sleeping. (A full story in the News forum)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"Hey Lefty, not chopped liver by a long shot, good to see you. No I'm notdoing jazz anymore, R&R pulled me back. How have you been?" --tele quote

Been good,
finally got the Home studio PC rebuilt, and have been running down a device error that nags me now and then.
hope to have some more time for recording some stuff soon after the kids finish the bowling league and tournaments coming up.
we now join our scheduled thread topic that is still in progress.........

Hang on sloopy ~ The McCoys

Battle Of The Green Beret ~ Staff Sgt Barry Sadler

Sky Pilot ~ Eric Burdon & The Animals

One Tin Soldier ~ The Original Caste

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It's nice to not be the lone 'Stones promoter in these parts.

EH? WHAAAAAT? I'm sorry I didn't hear you Roy.......

Of course, I've never been influenced by the Stones either.....

(Heh heh - gratuitous excuse to show COOOOOOL painting of Keef.....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oooooooops. My bad. I keep forgetting you keep one tuned "properly".

I love that painting. He's so rock 'n roll.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's nice to not be the lone 'Stones promoter in these parts.

EH? WHAAAAAT? I'm sorry I didn't hear you Roy.......

(Heh heh - gratuitous excuse to show COOOOOOL painting of Keef.....)

Vic

Isn't velvet the proper medium for that? And where's the black light?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Another couple of bands into the mix:
Sly Stone:
Dance to the Music, Everyday People, Sing a Simple Song, Stand!, I Want to Take You Higher, Hot Fun in the Summertime, Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin), Everybody is a Star
The Zombies:
She's Not There and Time of the Season

Don

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2