Skip to content
a general observati...

Notifications
Clear all

a general observation about the guitar from a beginner...

31 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Here's a little tip to make things easier on "Wanted - Dead Or Alive."

When you come out of the intro, play the D chord by making a mini-barre ....
Works for me, anyway!

:D :D :D

Vic

Haha thank you and yes, by the time I came out of that intro I was ready for a mini-bar! lol

... well the songs I end up learning generally fall into a pattern of hard/easy .... some of the harder songs are STILL a work in progress :evil: ... I suppose - strictly speaking - that one should master a song completely before moving on, but I really just memorize them and play them for a week or so and then move on (I'm still playing just about everything I ever learned - prob not but at least so I don't go running for my notes).

My plan is to master all the songs I know within the next 2-4 years. Call me a fool. :roll:

BTW I did find the next quick fix which turned out to be Horse with No Name's twin bro - Tin Man! Awesome beginner song (basically 3 funky chords instead of 2) - if you're somebody who can actually remember the 70s lol - and a lot of fun to just to dress up with a bit of finger picking - or at least for somebody needing a break from trying to sound like a slide on a resonator without either :roll:

Also the tune and lyrics seem rather christmasy in some strange new age way, lots of colors lol and altho I never did grok the words in their entirety :wink: I just love that one line

"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man ...
that he didn't ... already have " :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3