Clear all

!ACOUSTIC UNCERTAINTY!

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rpcruab)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

By the way, while I already have a thread started I figured I could plug one more question. Can anybody recommend a a good instructional book and/or dvd on fingerpicking? A lot of guitarists I enjoy fingerpick yet I spend the least amount of time working on that aspect of my playing. Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

This old thread contains several books on fingerpicking. One year later I'm partially happy with "Beyond Basic Fingerstyle Guitar", it is a good book and probably the second best of that list. My main complain is that there is a important gap between the initial or "easy" songs and the final ones. You need a lot of time with some of them to get them and I don't know if it is interesting practice in that way.

Recently I purchased a book on Clapton's Unplugged album. It is not a basic book and id doesn't explain the basics but it is an alternative if you know those basics. There are several books with fingerstyled pop and rock songs. There are several reviews on that forum. I remember a review on a book with Beatles songs by Pearlthekat.

ReplyQuote
(@rpcruab)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Alright folks, after searching and playing several brands and styles of guitars, I ended up with something I never would have given a thought. I opted for a Yamaha LL16. I saved money and was completely satisfied with the tone and playibility of the instrument. Thanks for everyones input. I would have thought I would have ended up with anything but a yamaha but I guess you can suprise yourself every once in a while. I will have to post a recording of it on here at some point as it is inspiring to play. thanks again! :D

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I will have to post a recording of it on here at some point as it is inspiring to play.
Yes, of course, it is mandatory. And the pics too!

Many congrats. It seems you find "your" guitar. Sometimes it happens. For this reason I think it is important every one goes to to store and play as many guitars there are in the store.

Yamaha is a great brand and does quality instruments. I like very much the entry level guitars as well, acoustic and electrics. I remember I love the neck of the APX series, very smooth and easy to play. Perhaps I prefer it to other well known and much more expensive brands.

:D

PS. And don't forget the pics, eh! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats on the new guitar.
i still play my 35 year old yammy often.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2