Skip to content
Alright : A poll on...

Notifications
Clear all

Alright : A poll on the FIFA...who's gonna win !!!

187 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
23.1 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

And Hilch, don't get carried away, mate, in the unlikely event of the Aussies making it to the final, Harry Kewell will be off the field sometime in the first half with a groin strain...you'd have thought by now they'd learn to keep him away from Sheree the night before a big game.... :roll:

Oh and for you despondent Americans, it's not over yet - there are still two games to go....

Sheesh Vic , that was way too funny. :lol: (Talking about 'Groin Strain' , even Ronaldo needs to keep some constraint...ROFL :lol: )

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Vic said .

"And Hilch, don't get carried away, mate, in the unlikely event of the Aussies making it to the final, Harry Kewell will be off the field sometime in the first half with a groin strain...you'd have thought by now they'd learn to keep him away from Sheree the night before a big game....

I'm sure there will be plenty of offers for Harry if this happens of females wanting to massage Harry's groin...

If that does eventuate Vic , there is always Mr Cahill , scored 2 goals against Japan , we are ready and it has been a very long drought for soccer ( football ) in this country ...

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Mr Cahill plays for Everton, whose ground is just across Stanley Park from Liverpool's ground. Bill Shankly once said "There are two great teams in Liverpool - Liverpool, and Liverpool reserves."

Nothing has changed since then.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Everton are odd, performance-wise. Rooney kept 'em decent for a long time, then when he left everyone thought they were done for. They had what was probably their best season ever, proportionately for the talent they had at least. So, everyone starts thinking they may not do so badly after all and next season they promptly fall flat on their collective face... Did it really take them a year to notice he was missing? *shrug*

Not that a Saints fan can really comment at the moment :cry:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Jeez , did anyone saw Spain smashing the Ukrainians...

They are looking great :D

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Jeez , did anyone saw Spain smashing the Ukrainians...

They are looking great :D
That was good fun to watch. The Ukraine got flattened.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

So... Everybody has now played their first game. Who has impressed you the most so far? Has it changed your prediction for the winning team?

I have been very impressed by Czech Republic and fancy them to go on to the later stages. Very positive attitude and good football.

Massive respect to Togo, and Trinidad and Tobago. Won't progress past the group stage but their approach is very positive and they have given their all. Played with a lot of spirit.

France were disappointing - as expected.

Missed the Spain game this afternoon - first one I've missed so far. Gutted. Looked like a good game.

As for the tournament winner my heart says England (who else) my head says it will be between Brazil, Germany, Argentina and Holland as an outside chance.

Come on England.

Discuss.

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Trinidad and Tobago got my vote for most impressive. That was some game.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Kinda got a soft spot for T & T. Chris Birchall (the only white player in the squad) used to play for a pub team in my home town before he got discovered. Plays his club football at Port Vale now. He says playing for T & T against England in the World Cup will be the pinnacle of his career.

Good luck to the lad. Good to see a local boy made good story. I'd like to see him score.

2-1 to England I'm predicting. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think Croatia gave Brazil a nice fight.They look like a good upcoming team.

On a side note , there is some class history of Goran Ivanisevic , who is a tennis player from croatia.Google it out and you may like the comical aspect of it. (or bizzare , if you so :wink:)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wasn't all that impressed with Germany in the Costa Rica game - I know, couple of great goals, looked a very good attacking side, but defensively a bit suspect....they looked a lot more organised tonight against Poland - impressed with their workrate as much as their play, they never stopped looking for a goal and deserved their late winner....

England will need to improve on their performance tomorrow - although they looked OK in the 1st half against Paraguay, it was worrying how they wilted in the second half....

On a side note, the Mrs is FUMING - she missed Coronation Street tonight, so I'm keeping a very low profile till kick off time tomorrow......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

And i have noted a 'Support your country' avatar change , right ?

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Like the new avatar Vic :wink:

Glad to see you got it.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

*Doublepost, Grrr*

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Yay for new avatars and bandwagons! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote