Skip to content
Alright : A poll on...

Notifications
Clear all

Alright : A poll on the FIFA...who's gonna win !!!

187 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
23.1 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Vic , did you break the record of fastest post...:wink:

And i am supporting Germany and Brazil right from the beginning.Among the two , Brazil is more favourite.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Graham is an excellent referee, I've never seen him do anything like this. It turns out he write a wrong number on the card the 2nd time, which is horrible but can happen once in a career. As for the Holland match, it wasn't just the referee. Bhoularouz should have been send off instantly after wiping out Christiano Ronaldo, Figo's 'headbutt' was hardly more then a slight touch and our response was just as shamefull as what Portugal did. But as Laz said: why on earth did everyone continue with their level of agressiveness when it was so obvious that the ref was anal about the rules? I think I only saw one or two really undeserved cards, the rest was technically correct. Van Nistelrooy won't be a major source for discussion, what many here do dislike is that we didn't bring Klaas-Jan Huntelaar with us: top scorer in holland with 31 goals, brought Ajax the cup and entrence into the CL, plus he brought our Holland U21 squad the European Cup a few weeks ago. But all in all I think 0-1 was a fair result, despite what happened.

Harder to accept was Italy. I didn't really mind them winning, but not like this. That Australian dude did anything he could to not make a foul, the referee was just meters away and had a clear view. Great timing as well for a blunder like that, with Italy being shocked with the refereeing fraud case.

As for England: don't be too harsh. That match should not have played under such circumstances and is no indication of anyone's real potential.

Ah well, Germany will win anyway. Ask Gary Lineker. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Gary Lineker was a useful cricketer in his younger days - had trials with Leicestershire before signing for Leicester City as a footballer - some years later, he played cricket for an MCC side against Germany and made just one run - when asked about his performance, he replied "I always score one against the Germans...."

BTW, I just read that Figo's been cleared by FIFA to play against England - they've ruled that his booking was sufficient punishment. For a head-butt? I thought that was an automatic red card - which would have meant he would have been suspended....

I know what FIFA stands for, but only the second word is printable - incompetent! - in a family forum the rest of it would be all asterisks......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh and Graham Poll booked John Arne Riise - caucasian, 5'10", red hair - for a foul commited by Mohammad Sissoko - African, 6'4", black braided hair - at Anfield last season - that went down really well on the Kop, we didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

referees? gotta love 'em......send 'em all to Specsavers!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Gary Lineker was a useful cricketer in his younger days - had trials with Leicestershire before signing for Leicester City as a footballer - some years later, he played cricket for an MCC side against Germany and made just one run - when asked about his performance, he replied "I always score one against the Germans...."

BTW, I just read that Figo's been cleared by FIFA to play against England - they've ruled that his booking was sufficient punishment. For a head-butt? I thought that was an automatic red card - which would have meant he would have been suspended....

I know what FIFA stands for, but only the second word is printable - incompetent! - in a family forum the rest of it would be all asterisks......

Vic
It's all down to a wording of FIFA policy, apparently, and common sense be damned. They can deal with any incident that has been "missed" by the match officials. Because he got a yellow card, it wasn't a missed incedent. :roll: If Poll gave a yellow card for a headbutt, he should be overruled and reprimanded. If it wasn't for the headbutt, then they can do something useful about it. Either way they're tolerating something they shouldn't.

As for the Bommel over-reacting, if he did then book him for simulation, it doesn't lessen the offence of headbutting. Even an attempted headbutt that misses competely should be a red card in my book.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Yay, new avatar! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Must try harder - LOL!

We're still there though......and while there's life there's hope - unless you've got Owen Hargreaves in your team......

I really don't understand who's compiling the stats - according to Sky Sports News, he has the best pass completion rate of any England player....all I've seen him do is give the ball away.....sorry to keep harping on about this, but I honestly think his picture should be in the OED next to the word "useless"......if he's a footballer, then I'm a Martian....I think we should appoint Anne Robison as the next England manager instead of McLaren, she'd soon tell him "YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK - GOODBYE!!!!!"

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Aye. I'd be saying the same about Owen too, if he hadn't been and ruled himself out... by running around on a piece of grass :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Now all we have to do is get Sven to understand - and that will pobably be as easy as getting people to post tab requests in the "Sticky - post tab requests here" thread in easy sons......

There are times I really despair........

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Very good little piece here - didn't know whether to laugh or cry :/

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

ROBBBED

We were robbed by a referee who wanted to make a name for himself

Italy DID NOT deserve that penalty ...

Aghhh Not happy

You were given a very nice gift by the ref earlier in the game. Might I recommend that when the other team is a man down, that is a good time to start attacking? It seemed like the Aussies were playing for a draw...

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

How much longer will it take before the players learn not to touch the ball when the other team has been awarded a free kick? I've seen at least 5 yellow cards for delay of game. It's not hard to figure out - leave the ball alone!

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Brazil just pulverised Ghana :D

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Okay Vic and others, which other utility player who plays regularly for one of the best teams in Europe and has masses of experience playing against top European opposition and hence most of the best players at the WC would you take instead of Hargreaves?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd play David James in midfield before I'd pick Hargreaves.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 13