Notifications
Clear all

American Stratocasters

16 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Twisted: maybe I'm missing something but unless I'm mistaken things like the Dean Evo SS and such sound much more like a Prs then a Fender with a bucker in the bridge. :? Getting a proper mahony body is just as important and espescially since you already have a good sc-axe getting a (splitable, if needed) mahony/doublebucker/neck-through guitar might give more variety.

i probably should have stated that imo feel is most important to me.
My Am Deluxe is far and above the absolute best feeling guitar i have ever played.
i tried one of the Dean Evo series a while back, but i don't remember which one. altho they were beautiful guitars, the pickups seemed a bit weak compared to my washburns on my OE30. but i could be mistaken.

after hearing the Cream reunion tapes at a friends house a while back i was told that EC played the gig with a strat. this totally blew my sense of what i thought i was hearing out the window.
i know a lot of purists have since claimed that they could tell the tonal diff but to be honest i could not.
reguardless, i'm really happy with my Squier '51 and will probably just opt to replace the Bucker in the bridge with a Pearly Gates.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2