Clear all

Any Hobbies?

43 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Aside from guitar I also enjoy High Power Rocketry and RC Helicopters and Airplanes.
I have 3 Helicopters here is one it has 42" rotor span and is electric:

Here is an Airplane I am building with a 78" wingspan, 57" fusalage and .46 CID nitro engine:

I will post some pics of my rockets tomorrow.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Motorcycles - Riding and building. Picture of current one I built and ride on my web site.

Hacking remote controls. Some info on this on my web site.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Besides learning guitar I have been a pilot for about 5 years now. I fly single engine planes when I can afford it. Mostly Cessna 172s. I am considering building an ultra light soon. Just something to punch holes in the sky with.

Your RC hobby reminds me of a cartoon I once saw in an aviation periodical. In a split view of the cartoon the guy in the top view is flying in his airplane and looks down to see a man on the ground flying RC planes. The pilot comments to himself " Wish I could afford that hobby".

In the lower half of the cartoon a man is on the ground flying his RC plane and looks up to see a small plane fly over head. He comments to himself, "Man, I wish I could afford that hobby".

With fuel prices what they are now I think the RC way of flying has to be cheaper.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

since retiring from the work force I am now consummed with music , I'm learning instruments such as piano ... bagpipes ... there are a few more and play golf every Monday - Thursday and Saturday ....... handi cap of 10 getting lower slowly

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Kids, kids, kids, dogs and more kids. Family of 4, 2 dogs and a wife . . .I'm lucky I have time to play the guitar :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I used to build models as a hobby, but now I guess my hobby is video games if that counts :?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Kids, kids, kids, dogs and more kids. Family of 4, 2 dogs and a wife . . .I'm lucky I have time to play the guitar :)

No you're lucky to have a wife and family...the guitar is just a bonus.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I collect(ed) Star Wars toys, Hot Wheels, and Original Transformers toys. I used to collect football and baseball cards, then someone decided to make stupid rare inserts, and making rookie cards rare, and grading them. Got too expensive. I bought a box of football cards at a garage sale for $9 and ended up with a Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, Eric Dickerson, and Reggie White rookie cards.

Oh...and I play guitar.

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Too many. Music, fishing, landscaping, kids, writing, sports, computers, reading. Maybe that's why I can't find time to work.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I totally agree with ya Mike. My hobbie is trying to turn my girlfriend into my wife. Gawd I think you and I might be twins Mike.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Haven't been fooling with any of my hobbies other than playing lately. But I've got a bunch. I love guns, shooting, handloading ammo, cast bullets... Haven't been out shooting since last spring. I like to tinker with old (and old fashioned) stationary engines. Gasoline and Diesel. I've been active in amateur astronomy. Have a 13.1" telescope that's blocked up behind stuff in the basement. Didn't even get it out for the recent opposition of Mars (which is still prominent in the evening sky.) Used to be an avid cyclist, and a motorcyclist. I'm out of two-wheeling after a bad accident 5 1/2 years ago. I love old electronic equipment, anything with tubes in it. Designed and built a guitar amp that I never have gotten around to finishing since I put it together about 3 years ago. It works, but needs some fine tuning. It's too dang big, is the main reason I kind of lost interest. I was all fired up about an idea I had for a Class AB2 tube power stage (which works quite well), but in the process I got carried away with a very high gain "preamp" section (those are notoriously difficult to get sorted) and am just going to have to knuckle down and do the grunt work to get everything balanced or else reconfigure it. But now I love little 5-10 watt and smaller amps and have all kinds of ideas for really small tube amps. Can't work on them till I get the big one finished and out of the way, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

POKER, texas hold 'em, I love it.

And movies.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Baseball was always my main passion. Both playing it and following the game. Sadly, I've started to lose interest in the game the past couple of years. I'm not really sure why.

I used to collect baseball cards, but like Ghost said, it just got ridiculously expensive. I also love fishing, mainly bass fishing.

Some guys I work with are trying desperately to get me into the World Of Warcraft scene. I'm very hesitant about it because I used to play Warcraft years ago and was hooked, and these guys play for hours a day. I know I'd get addicted again.

Other than baseball and fishing (and guitar obviously), I have very little hobbies. Kinda sad.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I totally agree with ya Mike. My hobbie is trying to turn my girlfriend into my wife. Gawd I think you and I might be twins Mike.

Geoo

If that's the case then you're the lucky twin...at least you have a girlfriend...and you're probably better looking!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Other than guitar, I am the Chief Amusement Analyst/Consultant. Or, in other words, a Dad. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3