Notifications
Clear all

Any Hobbies?

43 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Breed reptiles, softball, snow ski, fishing, ride motorcycle, cook, garden.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I like other then guitar well .....music lol.
I am a total music head.

But yes , WWE that is really what i like.
...never done it though in real , never want to :lol:

Playing games and especially playing Commandos : behind enemy lines (those dirty half a dozen ..wait anyone green beret out here :twisted:)

Like playing cards , bridge , poker , canasta are my latest interests.
more to come soon ......

Oh and yeah cooking is also my fav hobby sometimes and i have infact made a whole pizza quite successfully. :D

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Rahul

I have...as a bouncer in several bars I will tell you my body has been through a lot of what these guys go through...but at least they are prepared for it...I went into work every night not knowing WHAT was going to happen. I have been thrown from a 9 ft balcony once, slammed guys heads through walls, been covered in blood (not mine thank God!), and even had to drag a girl out because her boyfriend was pushing her around and when I went to take him out the girl started hitting me! I threw her over my shoulder and dragged him out before the other bouncers got there!

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Besides trying to learn guitar, bicycling, photography, entertaining, or being entertained by my jack russells. After retiring 2 years ago, I had all these plans to build outdoor projects for the yard, gazzebo, arbors, trellises,ect., but after moving into my first association in central Florida, or as I like to call it condos with a yard, those plans are on hold. You can't even paint your house the same color without putting in permission. That's not my style, and I will be looking elsewhere in the future.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I took up guitar because I didn't have a hobby =P I dunno if women and working out count, but if they do, that makes my hobbies a whopping three. :roll:

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Rahul

I have...as a bouncer in several bars I will tell you my body has been through a lot of what these guys go through...but at least they are prepared for it...I went into work every night not knowing WHAT was going to happen. I have been thrown from a 9 ft balcony once, slammed guys heads through walls, been covered in blood (not mine thank God!), and even had to drag a girl out because her boyfriend was pushing her around and when I went to take him out the girl started hitting me! I threw her over my shoulder and dragged him out before the other bouncers got there!

So how did you become a teacher ? :shock: (seems like you should have been the president's bodygaurd :wink: )

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Cricket that was probably my biggest passion, although after finishing school i started study's and now working there's no time.

Bikes motocross/enduro to be more specific. Re-building is also cool i've done that with 2 of my previous bikes stripped them down and overhauled them from the ground up. Basically anything with an engine in it :D

Fishing although i suck at it - it's still good to just sit with your thoughts and make sence of it all.
Hunting i enjoy too.

I tend to stay away from PC's when i'm not at work especially after a long day some times 20 hr days - the last thing on my mind is the newest Hardware bit.

Going to the Gym aswell - gotta keep that body intune.

Oh and my favourite sleeping on the couch :D

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I play baseball, ride motorcycles (btw, nice bike Nils), cook, two dogs, one kid, one wife, this forum, listen to music, play my guitars and photography.

During my spare time........

I've started writing a book on Data Warehousing, one on motorcycle touring and I am toying around with an idea for a novel.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

When I'm not playing I spend time reading and cooking.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Haven't been fooling with any of my hobbies other than playing lately. But I've got a bunch. I love guns, shooting, handloading ammo, cast bullets... Haven't been out shooting since last spring. I like to tinker with old (and old fashioned) stationary engines. Gasoline and Diesel. I've been active in amateur astronomy. Have a 13.1" telescope that's blocked up behind stuff in the basement. Didn't even get it out for the recent opposition of Mars (which is still prominent in the evening sky.) Used to be an avid cyclist, and a motorcyclist. I'm out of two-wheeling after a bad accident 5 1/2 years ago. I love old electronic equipment, anything with tubes in it. Designed and built a guitar amp that I never have gotten around to finishing since I put it together about 3 years ago. It works, but needs some fine tuning. It's too dang big, is the main reason I kind of lost interest. I was all fired up about an idea I had for a Class AB2 tube power stage (which works quite well), but in the process I got carried away with a very high gain "preamp" section (those are notoriously difficult to get sorted) and am just going to have to knuckle down and do the grunt work to get everything balanced or else reconfigure it. But now I love little 5-10 watt and smaller amps and have all kinds of ideas for really small tube amps. Can't work on them till I get the big one finished and out of the way, though.

Hey Ricochet, do you ever get over to the annual antique gas engine show in Paducah Ky. :?:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Haven't been to that one. I don't get out to a lot of shows. Got to work. Several years I've taken off and gone to the Mecca of old engine enthusiasts, the late August show in Portland, Indiana. I've got Net friends from all over the world who show up at that one. I've skipped the last two, though. Trying to save a few $$.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

sculling... I am a competitive sculler and I coach sculling, as well

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ah yes, my rockets.
Here are a few.
This is my Velociraptor, built from a kit (Binder Design) it is 4" diameter body by 8.5 feet tall, it is designed to use a Hydrid motor (Nitrous Oxide with a Pyroplastic fuel grain) it utilizes 2 altimeters to fire ejection charges for dual chute deployment. Not flown yet, simulations show a projected altitude of 6,600 ft. at a speed of around 700 mph.(that is my oldest daughter in the pic)

This is an Endeavour built from a Public Missiles kit, 4" diameter and 6 feet tall, It has flown once to an altitude of 4,200 ft. I was too excited to get a launch pic, but it put out a bright red flame about 10 ft long.

Here is an upscale replica of an Estes Big Bertha, I built this one from scratch, 4" diameter and 59" tall, (that is ny youngest daughter in the pic)

Here is a launch pic. of that Big Bertha, it flew to about 3,000 ft.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Those are awesome rockets, Jim! (Cute daughters, too!) Having built an Estes Big Bertha with my boy, I can really appreciate that Big Big Bertha!

I also built a scaled up Big Bertha several years back, adapted for Estes D engines. Then I bought a reloadable rocket motor that uses the ammonium perchlorate/organic binder solid fuel cartridges that fits that D-engine form factor but is really about an E and a half. I've also got a long skinny pointy nosed one some 7 feet long that uses the same motor, but I never have gotten out to fly them. Countryside around here's too crowded and full of trees. Got busy with other things, and they're still sitting in the basement.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I like art, mostly making my own but I like looking at it too. I make pictures both hand drawn and on the computer. Here are some pieces I've done:

I'm sure I'll finish the last one someday.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3