Clear all

Anyone a fan of......

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The Strokes? I really like their new song that's on the radio, Juicebox(?), has a little more of an edge than the other songs that I have heard by them but I don't know much of their music. I also had liked their old single from an earlier album - Last Night - not sure if that's the name but not enough to buy that album. I was thinking about buying their new cd and I just wanted to get some opinions about the band and their music especially if you have the new cd, First impressions of Earth, before I go out and buy it. Tried listening to sample clips on amazon but that's not a real big help.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

(@cerberus)
Estimable Member

Not really a fan the strokes. Partly because I don't believe they deserve their rock-stardom, and partly because I don't really care for their music. So I couldn't really give you a fair review of their new album.

However, if you're a fan of that style may I suggest checking out Hot Hot Heat. Their single, "Goodnight, Goodnight", is much better than any of the Strokes singles (in my opinion), and it'll get stuck in your head for days. Another band you should give a listen to is The Kings Of Leon. They have that same sound and toured with the Strokes in the past.

I pity the fool, but also suggest ways he might better himself.

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Cerberus for your response. I wouldn't say I am a Strokes fan either - don't really know their music or any other that would be in their genre. I was mostly worried about buying an album I was going to listen to once. I'll definitely check out the artists you mentioned. Thanks again.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote