Skip to content
bands of the 60's a...

Notifications
Clear all

bands of the 60's and 70's really innovative?

108 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
16.2 K Views
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

The way it seems to be changing in many respects is away from the guitar and towards electronic instruments / tools. Just as popular music changes so do the instruments of popular music. It was once the violin or the banjo or the accordion. Is the guitar on it's way to being the new accordion? In 30 or 40 years will only the un-cool kids play guitar because their parents made them?

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( The greatness of the guitar will never die, and if it does I'm going down with it. :x

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

The great thing about the guitar is that it is capable of playing chords along with single notes and as such is the perfect instrument for a singer to accompany himself/herself . Unlike the piano it is also portable . Another thing that makes it so versatile is that there is also percussion when a chord is strummed . In the right hands a guitar can sound like a band all by itself . It's this versatility that will allow it to endure .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

^^100% true. The electric guitar is still evolving. There's still sounds that can be made with this guitar that haven't been made yet. New equipment may come otu to help revolutionize this instrument even more.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8