Clear all

Battle of the Virtual GN Bands

114 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
25.7 K Views
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I've wanted to name a band "Indestructible Sandwich" for years after seeing those 2 words together in a news article. Apparently the military actually spent millions developing an indestructible sandwich. My first questions were "how do you eat one? How could you chew it if it is indestructible?"

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've wanted to name a band "Indestructible Sandwich" for years after seeing those 2 words together in a news article. Apparently the military actually spent millions developing an indestructible sandwich. My first questions were "how do you eat one? How could you chew it if it is indestructible?"

Yeah!!! And we could be a tribute band for The Meat Puppets!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I like 'em all, Dogbite and Tele. Good names.

I'm fighting DLLHELL with my digital input software. Very low volume getting in, and cranking it on Audacity sounds like crud. After research, I see that m-soft and realtek have conflicting issues and m-soft's service packs are a version ahead of the fixes.......long story short, I'm going out to get something called a DI Box in a few minutes.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Roy. I use an Whirlwind IMP2 DI box. it has a ground lift and HiZ too. I really don't know what they do but I am glad I have them.
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=16&t=39183 #
:roll:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I am returned from an amazing honeymoon in Eureka Springs!! After some of the music I witnessed there.. I am ready to go..

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy. I use an Whirlwind IMP2 DI box. it has a ground lift and HiZ too. I really don't know what they do but I am glad I have them.
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=16&t=39183 #
:roll:

Turns out that I don't need that thing. I need something that boosts the signal that I get coming in. It's digital though. More searching required....or Realtek and m-soft get their stuff together. However, I did go ahead and get myself set up for direct line analog. Set up like so:

Poorly played guitar -> old Boss GT-6 -> Headphone Out -> 1/4 to 1/8 adapter thingy -> computer line in -> audacity . Sounds OK. Have to do minor tweeking, but much better than the broken digital mess. Unlike using the microphone I already had and can do, no surrounding noise. You know, planes, dogs, kids, bad gas, pick noise, sniffles, knees cracking, phone ringing, IM alerts, loudest female I've ever heard in my life next door (sweet though, 11 years as neighbor), son's TV blasting away the Guitar Hero........OK, you get the idea. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I am returned from an amazing honeymoon in Eureka Springs!! After some of the music I witnessed there.. I am ready to go..

Jim
hey honeymooner you must have the greatest glow on right now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Welcome back geoo!

Hope you and the Mrs. had a great time. As a 17 year veteran of the marriage game, I will keep my comments to myself and wish you only the best of luck. :lol:

Get out your pencil and a piece of paper. Because the "HoneyDo" list is about to begin. (It never stops) :roll:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations....

I've been happily married five years now. 20 total, five happy. :)

I'm in though. I'll be happy to sing something, or not.

Mr Nease?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dunno how I missed this, I'm up for anything.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

As a 17 year veteran of the marriage game, I will keep my comments to myself and wish you only the best of luck. :lol:

Thanks for the wishes. I am, actually, a 14 year veteran myself. You would think that I would have shunned all marriage. But, it finally hit me to marry someone that was already on their feet and stable, instead of me trying to be a knight in shining armor. Jen and I have dated for the past six years so there isnt much we havent discussed. I have complete faith in its success.

Back to music, I am super inspired for this project. Eureka Springs is a very artistic place and it was nothing to see musicians gather impromptu to just play tune after tune. Saw the reincarnation of SRV (well not really but this guy could really play some SRV!)

Blueline.. I'll hit your soundclick when I get home so that I can hear some of what ya got.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Congrats on the nuptials geoo. I've sworn off marriage myself after 2 of 'em. :)

Sending you and Blueline a PM about the project.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

So Nick, you want to get together with Arjen, Greg and myself and make a band?

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Peace

Heeeyyyyyy, no fair! If Teleplayer, Dogbite and Vic are stuck with my sorry butt, you gotta find a greenhorn. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Peace

Sounds like a bunch of ringers if you ask me. LOL

:lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8