0 Likes
(@allan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

the red

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, that was my favorite too. That is a great looking guitar.

I was impressed with the reviews that said this guitar retains it's acoustic tone when amp'd.

Write a little review when you get it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I have a D21-S Washburn and to tell you the truth, it is probabily the nicest playing guitar that I've ever had!

I've had Gibsons and Martins and a lot of the Quality manufacturers guitars but this one beats the hell out of all of them!

I paid about $185.00 for it from a local drum shop, I don't think that the owner of the shop quite knew what he had.

I picked it up because it looked like a traditional guitar. (No funky colors,no cutaway,no electronics, natural finish) I'm kinda traditional that way.

A little bit of set-up and LOVE how this guitar sounds and plays!

I DO recommend that when you get your guitar, spend a little bit of money and have the guitar professionally set up. It's really worth the money and you will get a guitar that's easier to play. This will encourage you to play more and get better results!

Absolutely nothing wrong with Pacific rim instruments, most guitars in your price range will be from there no matter what the headstock says.

By the way, welcome! :)

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@allan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I cant thank you all enough for all your help,This guitar Im getting is my christmas present and a dream come true.
Ive been putting this off for 30 years and now Im going to get serious about .

Again thanks.

Someone mentioned that when you get a new guitar that you should have a professional set it up,is this correct?

Do I go to a guitar store or do I find some other means of getting this done.
I want to do it right .

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Allan

Play the guitar a few days and see how it feels. If it plays easily and sounds in tune over the neck it should be fine as is.

But you can take it to your local music store and have them set it up for you. A properly set up guitar will play very easily without problems like fret buzz and sound in tune up and down the neck. I can't tell you how much it costs as I always do my own.

Go to the home page and go through the easy lessons. That is a great place to start on guitar. Just stay at it, that is the only real secret to playing guitar. It is never too late to start. Dom, the bass player in my band has only been playing about 5 years now and is getting very good. He just celebrated his 59th birthday last month! But he is a Rocker. :twisted:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Nice buy Allan!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats, and welcome to the forums

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2