Skip to content
Boy, this new RHCP ...

Notifications
Clear all

Boy, this new RHCP album is really something....

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Anyone else rush out and buy it? I am so glad I did! For those who have only heard raindance maggie check out "Look around" "meet me at the corner" "brendans death song" and "Goodbye Hooray" or just buy the album because it is the chilis rocking harder than they have for a long time!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

(@neztok)
Estimable Member

The new guitarist's style seems to work just fine, huh? He's really laid back...nice. Oh yeah, and not one mention of California.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Our drummer wants to do Raindance Maggie so I am working on that haven't listened to the others yet but will. Yea the new guy has a very similar style to John.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well....... I dont agree he sounds a lot like John, the direction they have taken is rather different and if you hear "The Monarchy Of roses" opener you probably would not feel he is so much like John. Yeah sure he fits in with the band...... and in a much more subtle way than John who always to me seemed to lead the direction (views as an outsider) but he is not the same as John.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

A wee bit of an RHCP fan eh Flea? He's not the same but similar at least in Raindance Maggie which is a bit of a throw back to their earlier music, but your right he's not the same.

Finally really listened to the song and there ain't much guitar in it mostly bass driving the song. I think it's going to be another one of those songs I learn I never get to play with anyone.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Haha Cnev you know I am! Flea inspired my user name and was one of my earliest musical influences (when I played bass previous to guitar)

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Yeah, I think it's a superb piece of work. I really like it.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Pitchfork gave is a naff review and blamed Rick Rubin (who has been producing them since Blood sugar Sex Magik! and I think all the 90s albums were fantastic!) I like it still......... Brendans death song....... just wow!

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I really like the production on this album. Good job I don't pay attention to reviews :lol:

ReplyQuote