Clear all

Brad Paisley on Guitar Player Magazine

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I had to stop and read the interview when I saw he was on the cover, and found he had some pretty interesting things to say.

One of which was the fact that he bends the neck of his telecaster up to one full step when playing, and that it's perfectly okay to do that. You just have to adjust the truss rod every couple of months and it's fine.

Which led into how he treats his guitars, the Tele in particular, he feels no remorse they are beasts "They are just a cutting board, a baseball bat and strings"

Also made the comment that he bends the neck because "Whammy bars are for sissies"

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

sure, Tele's are tough, but Pailey can also afford to replace his if there's a problem.

BTW, he pushes the neck forward to bend down a whole note. that's a lot more stressful than pulling back. if you have only one Tele, might want to weigh the risks.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I think if I tried that with my Granddad's Tele, he'd whip my backside. Even though I'm 36 years old and he's 78.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Tele's are tough, but Pailey can also afford to replace his if there's a problem.

Very true. I wonder how many he takes on the road with him?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote