Clear all

Cats - Go Figure

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Without fail when I have taken out my guitar my cat Molly flees the room. I was sure she just hated my playing.

That is until this weekend.

I changed my strings from Elixir mediums to Elixir light-mediums. Now she sits with me while I play.

Go figure.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Without fail when I have taken out my guitar my cat Molly flees the room. I was sure she just hated my playing.

That is until this weekend.

I changed my strings from Elixir mediums to Elixir light-mediums. Now she sits with me while I play.

Go figure.

My dog listens to me play alot, it's kind of nice to have some company sometimes.

On the other side of it, I know a guy whose cat crashed into his guitar stand, knocking it over, and cracking the neck of his $900 Washburn electric.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

So true to have company

When I pick up my guitar everyone goes out ( not a bad thing :lol: :lol: )

But my 20 year old dog who is deaf and has only 2 teeth sits by my side and nods off to sleep ...

I like to think its' my playing that puts this animal to sleep rather then him being very old and deaf..

Hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Speaking of cats and deaf dogs reminded me of a few months ago when I was playing with Audacity and suddenly got some hugely loud, horrendous noise shooting out the front of my computer.

I prit-near fell out of my chair with a heart attack, but my stone-deaf dog catapulted straight into the air out of a deep slumber! She must have thought she'd been shot or something!

After my heart calmed down, I damn near died laughing. :lol:

The cat, however, was cool as a cuke and merely looked at me and shook his head.

Go figure.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Haha, I can sympathize with you on that one margaret. I was messing around with the compression on ProTracks and didn't really know what it did. I tried 2x amplification and didn't hear a difference...so I figured, "I guess I'll try 50x, if I don't here a difference there, then this compression stuff is just stupid!" Wow, I had my computer running out to my amp...my 150 Watt Amp....*shakes head*...I seriously thought I did have a heart attack. I think I got people from every floor of the dorm asking if that had my me:smile: Ok, so no dogs and/or cats were involved, but I guess it kinda fit. I'm sure any dog or cats around heard it too.

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote