Coffee/Tea time is over.....

78 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
13.8 K Views
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Oh, if the UK meeting goes trough I'm sure I can take some Dutch beer for educational purposes. :D
I may have to go to the UK just to learn something :wink:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member

I got hooked on Zywiec in Poland but its damn near impossible to get in Florida. So I stick w/ Bass or Newcastle or Yuengling Black and Tan. Imports are expensive her in the states so this weekend my hunting buddies and i will be playing guitar around the campfire gulping down a few cases of Nattie Light woohoo!

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

If I could find it anywhere here in town, it would be Murphy's Stout all the time.

But, since I can never find it, I pretty much alternate between:

1. Rolling Rock
2. Abita (Turbodog or Amber)
3. Newcastle
4. Killians

We recently got a "World Market" store here. I just knew they were going to have Murhpy's, but it was not meant to be. What they did have were individual bottles of every brew they had, available in Mix-and-Match six packs. I've tried many previoiusly unknowns since I discovered this.

BTW, if you ever consider trying "Flying dog" DON'T!! The worst ever.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

1) Wadworth's 6X
2) Marstons Pedigree
3) Guinness
4) Green King IPA
5) Magners Irish Cider

Can't stand draught lagers in the UK but bottled Bud, Becks and Stella when the weather is warm and a nice bottle of Rioja always goes down well too

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ah, beer.....

Newcastle Brown Ale
Carlsberg Lager
Cain's Bitter
Foster's Lager
Theakston's Bitter
Amber Harvest Cider
Shiner Bock (in Texas)
Tetley Special Pale Ale - a bottled beer, basically Tetley Bitter with added gas

Dislikes?

Not many, but top of the list was Greenall Whitley Bitter in the 70's & 80's - it was OK for putting on fries, but that was all....

Sadly missed....Double Diamond....where did it disappear to? There was enough nutritional value in the white bits to make it a food group on its own....

:D :D :D

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Warsteiner is nice. (German)
Molson's is found more often in my fridge though (less expensive and Canadian);
and I do like the occasional Dos Equis (Mexican) with a bit of lime. For the life of me I can't figure why anyone drinks Corona.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

and I also forgot the nectar of the Irish Gods - Guinness. Having enjoyed the delights of true Irish Guinness, I consider Guinness served anywhere else to have the same relationship as American Budweiser to the real stuff.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Aha, that might explain it. I've never been much impressed with the guinness being sold here, ok but nothing spectacular. Guess it just ain't the real one...

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Ah, beer.....

Newcastle Brown Ale
Carlsberg Lager
Cain's Bitter
Foster's Lager
Theakston's Bitter
Amber Harvest Cider
Shiner Bock (in Texas)
Tetley Special Pale Ale - a bottled beer, basically Tetley Bitter with added gas

Dislikes?

Not many, but top of the list was Greenall Whitley Bitter in the 70's & 80's - it was OK for putting on fries, but that was all....

Sadly missed....Double Diamond....where did it disappear to? There was enough nutritional value in the white bits to make it a food group on its own....

Vic. I think Vic knows his beer :D When I get to England he will have to take me to the pub so I can get acquainted with some real beer!! as far as beer goes, I like budweiser myself. these days I don't drink much beer, but I like some wine now and then ( the kind with a cork) But as James Hatfield says....BEEEER GOOOOD :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I only drink about two beers per year, that's when it gets really hot here, like midsummer and my husband gives me a glass of what he's drinking, which at the moment is Tuborg from Denmark, he likes it because it's like the Tasmanian beer Cascade, which is very nice, but they've put the price up a lot because it's become so popular. He can't drink Tooheys because it's got something in it that makes him feel sick.

I just drink Woodstock Black Label Bourbon and Cola, only about a wine glass full or two on a Friday night. I'm pretty much addicted to Twinings Lemon scented Tea and Nescafe Alta Rica the rest of the week.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I like most any of it that comes in a glass bottle. Don't much like beer out of a can.

Right now I've got 2/3 of a six pack of Red Dog in the fridge. It's taken me a couple of weeks to bring it down that much. One just about puts me to sleep these days.
:lol:

Last week I was in Gatlinburg at a medical meeting with my wife. Came back from a restaurant where I'd had several beers, showered and decided I just had to play with my Johnson (metal bodied tricone resonator guitar) on emerging. What a feeling when it touched my bare chest! I banged away on that thing with abandon for a couple of hours while my wife showered and wandered away outside off and on to smoke, make cell phone calls home, etc. I tuned it from Open G to G minor and Open D, and played all kinds of stuff, letting it all hang out till my aching fatigued "bionic" shoulder penetrated through my slightly fogged (well, maybe moderately fogged) sensorium. Finally decided to hang it up and watch Animal Planet. Just then my spouse went out again for a smoke, a call or both, and when she came back a few minutes later she said she'd met a "young college looking guy" in the hall who said to her: "Was that guitar coming out of your room?" She said "Yes, I'm afraid it was." He said "Was that you playing?" She said "No, that was my husband." "Wow, he's really good!" That's what she said he said, anyway. Hadn't really considered that I was doing anything besides sucking in the privacy of my room, but it was nice to hear, anyway.

Just goes to show that enthusiasm counts for a lot! I know my playing was really sloppy.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Carolina Pale Ale - Local micro type getting more and more popular.

Sam Adams - (I am moody about this one. I'll get the seasonal brews if in stock. Good stuff)

Nils, I'm with you on the Saranac. I keep forgetting which one I like the best though. :(

And of course, McSorley's mircobrewery in Manhatten. Sure, it's not the best, but I don't feel like I'm in the city until I've had a few pair. (those that have been there know what I mean by pair)

Oh, and there was this one microbrewery in Kenne NH.....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Strange - I really can't remember what I drank in Amsterdam in April.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dsparling)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

1) Guinness is good for you
2) Guinness for strength
3) My Goodness, My Guinness

Amen

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6