Notifications
Clear all

Doyle Bramhall

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

If they really insist on having another guitarist, Steve Winwood would be a much better choice, IMO. Nothing against Doyle, but Stevie would fit in much better. He's a ridiculously underrated guitarist to begin with, and has a good history with Clapton and Baker in Blind Faith. Plus he can play keyboards if they were so inclined.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Word on the street: They will be realising the reunion concerts on DVd. (q104.3 radio station announcment). It was also the dJ's opinion, that Ginger Baker is still worried about some tax problems he had in the U.S. , thats why they aren't doing a US tour. Then he went on to say that that probably wasnt the case, because the IRS is much different now than it was in 1968, and they could figure out a way to fix BAker's problems.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Yeah, apparently the reason they decided to do this thing in the first place (according to what I've read anyway) is because Baker (and maybe to some extent Bruce too, I'm not certain) has serious financial problems right now. The money they make is supposed to help him get out of it.

I heard a similar rumor to the one Taso just reported that if they make enough to pay off Baker's US taxes in addition to his other financial woes, they'll do some shows in the US. I have no idea to the validity of this one though.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

The story doesn't make much sense though. Being that Baker is UK citizen, isn't he?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

He used to live somewhere in the western United States for a few years (I want to say Colorado), so I'm sure he probably got his citizenship at some point.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2