Notifications
Clear all

Duff's Polls Part 1: Pick Poll

40 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Dunlop nylon .88s or Dunlop Tortex .88s, They seem like they are the only picks that stay in my hand reliably. Martin used to have a plastic pick that had really thick bases and thinner tips but I haven't been able to find them lately, it's a shame, I really liked them a lot, probabily not looking hard enough!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I theoretically prefer thick picks but I'll play with anything I can find. It's amazing how fast you an lose picks.

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

i tend to use 1.1 to 2mm picks as i feel comfortable with them, all my picks are dunlops 8)

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I theoretically prefer thick picks but I'll play with anything I can find. It's amazing how fast you an lose picks.

I never lose picks.

of course, my picks cost $25 each so I have motivation to take care of them :)

I have a small wooden box from an old head shop that I keep them in.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I never lose picks.

of course, my picks cost $25 each so I have motivation to take care of them :)

I have a small wooden box from an old head shop that I keep them in.

What kind of picks do you use?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Custom hand-made Wegen picks

http://www.wegenpicks.com/

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Custom hand-made Wegen picks

http://www.wegenpicks.com/

How did you come across these? Did you try one somewhere or just decide to buy a $25 pick? It doesn't seem like something alot of people would do. Is it worth it?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

And their all HUGE...

3.5???

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Yeah, they're worth it.

I've never felt a better pick.

Dunlop Jazz picks are a fair second choice to these, but they just aren't the same.

I found them because my teacher, a professional player in my particular favorite genre was using them and let me try one.

I immediately realized that I just couldn't go back. The tone I get from them is simply huge!

Mine aren't actually on his site. They're custom carved to my pattern. But his retail ones are just as good, I just happen to like some slotting in the center of the pick to improve grip.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thats awsesome. I don't like picks, so I can't imagine spending that much on one, but if it works man, more power to you, it's cheaper then pedals or new guitars.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3