Clear all

electric guitar...

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@jbswish57)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Any advice on a good electric guitar? I was thinking of an Epiphone goth G-400 but I'm open for suggestions....

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

What kind of music do you want to play and what's your budget?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

From personal experience, I'd recommend one that doesn't break the budget....

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0327502506

Squier Custom Telecaster....you can use it for rock, country, slide, blues, metal.....well I have....worth a try, and won't break the bank balance....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jbswish57)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Slejhamer: I guess I'm going to play some rock and punk stuff...

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i have to agree with vic, squire is the way to go, check out the 51's alot of people on this site have one and love it, its i think 99 bucks
you don't want to spend alot of money if your not going to stick with it, but the squire 51, from what i have read and heard, has
to be the best bang for the buck going 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

I have the squier custom with p-90s, great guitar. Heard good things about the '51 and you can't go wrong with the price, it has the same neck as the custom which is its best feature. Agile guitars ( http://www.rondomusic.net ) are great for Les Paul style, better than the Epiphones IMHO. Read about them here http://www.agileguitarforum.com . You can't go wrong with any of the above guitars, have fun...

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@boudreau)
Eminent Member

Don't forget the amp! If your worried about breaking the bank include some funds for a decent amp. A good amp will make a so so guitar sound good.

Just my 2cents.

DB

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i disagree, the agiles are as good as the low end epi's, but they are not as good as the top end epi's, meaning elitest series, black beauty, and the
signatures, noooo wayyyy 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I don't know about the Elitist or Signature models, but my low end Agile AL2000 is as good as my Epiphone G400. Aren't Agiles and regular Epiphones made in the same Korean factory? I'd like to try one of the higher end Epiphones but I haven't had the pleasure yet. For that matter, I'd like to see a higher end Agile. That AL2000 I have is a sweet axe. It's the one in my avitar.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Can I just throw a Yamaha Pacifica into the mix. Mine has brought me a lot of pleasure over the last twelve months or so.

My youngest son has a Squire Strat. Also a great guitar to start out on.

Best advice is go into your local store and try loads of different guitars out. It's more likely that the right guitar will find you rather than the other way around.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote