Notifications
Clear all

Eminem?

26 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

While I listen to rock/metal I dont mind rap if someone if playing it on their hi fi at all, but I just cant stand Eminem's whiny voice! lol

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I,m not into rap but i think some rap lyrics are very good. I think main stream rock lyrics are not as good as they could be, ( In some cases). lyrics don't seem to be as important as they were in the 60's and early 70's. In rap the lyrics are the main focus and like rock and folk music used to be in that they are trying to say something( even if its not always nice). I will say that a lot of rap vidios are pretty trashy to say the least :oops: but then so are some rock vidios. Thats why i like my audio :lol: --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

The videos come from mainstream rap...Which from what I understand, is different from 'real' rap....Right?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's as with any genre: if it's on MTW, it's pretty much always bland and dull. Same with rap.

ReplyQuote
(@flashover146)

i love eminem and all his offspring they all have what i think is great talent for todays industry. however if he wasn't so contravercial (spelling) i don't think he'd be as big a star. which may mean he lacks talent and makes up for it with a big mouth. but at least he says what's on his mind.

can't sing or dance, may as well learn to play

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Eminem would look great with Truck tracks over his body and the grill stuck to his face :twisted: :twisted:

(say it really fast) = yeah baby yeah

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

Eminem really isn't an accurate representation of hip-hop or rap music as a whole - he's an exception to the normal and the mainstream has deemed him acceptable. Personally, I don't like him, but a lot of people completely discount rap and hip-hop altogether when a lot of it is really quite amazing, e.g. Dizzee Rascal in the UK and Bus Driver in the States.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Oh no, I am going to lose all the credibility I already didn't have for saying this.. but I like Eminin. I dont really like rap, I am more of a country guy myself. But as far as lyrics, I like what he does usually. You kind of have to understand what he's about to appreciate it I think. "Lose Yourself" is a bad example I think. He's very sarcastical about the topics he chooses to write about. I like the way he makes you think about the subject.

I dont listen to him at all anymore. But I do think he style of writing is pretty good.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'm not a fan of rap nor am I a hater of rap but not matter what anyone may think it takes talent of some kind to get where these guys are be it Eminem, JayZ, Nas...whoever.

I think some of Eminem's appeal is that he's white, he has catchy lyrics and he has a fairly unique delivery style.

Someone else mentioned this and they were right in 10-20 years when people look back at music from this generation some of this rap stuff will be considered classics.

And what are classics anyway...to me it's just music that was popular enough to get a lot of airplay during the time it was released and endured longer than other music during the same period, not necessarily better just what the majority enjoyed.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

I wonder what some American rap-haters would make of bands like Million Dead.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I really cannot stand most rap or hiphop, like Eminem and 50-Cent and all those are really not catchy. They're lyrics are lacking and are all very similar. I do however like some rap/hip-hoppish kind of stuff. Like Gorillaz for instance thats some catchy music right there, and theres rap in it.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2