0 Likes
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Dark Side Of The Moon
Bat Out Of Hell
Rumours

:D :D :D

Vic

I had Dark Side but not the other 2. Didn't matter though, there was no getting away from them! They were everywhere...
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite
David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

That's all I can think of........can we do 90's songs next? That's my era.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hmmmm, good question

David Bowie - Jean Genie - the first riff I ever learned. Ziggy Stardust is up there too.
T-Rex - Ride A White Swan
Rush - Closer To The Heart.
Slade - Come On Feel The Noise - the first single I ever bought. 1973, cost me 45p from Gold's in Barkingside.
The Jam - Eton Rifles
The Clash - White Riot
X-Ray Spex- Up Bondage, Up Yours
Queen - Tie your Mother Down, or 39. Now I'm Here was good too, and there'll never be anything like Bo Rap.
Nils Lofgren - I came to dance.
Loose Windscreen - Born To Run

Compulsory Disco record: Chic - Le Freak

I could go on, but I'd better not.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Compulsory Disco record: Chic - Le Freak

Chic were a pretty classy act - weren't many guitar/bass combos around like Nile and Bernie.

I forgot about a disco record - I did have a couple, notably "Rock Your Baby" by George McRae, "Jive Talkin'" by the Bee Gees, and "Lady Marmalade" by LaBelle.

Confession time - I still have a copy of the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack! Oh dear........
That's all I can think of........can we do 90's songs next? That's my era. Certainly wasn't mine - every time I switched the radio on it was either "Love is All Around" or "Everything I Do I Do It For You" or "I Will Always Love You." So I virtually gave up listening to radio, till I found the newly-opened Virgin Radio. That was OK until Chris Evans took over - took me a few years to find another station till Planet Rock came along!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2