Notifications
Clear all

favorite drummer

38 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Having played drums since I was 11, I really like most drummers/percussionists.
One that impressed me the most was some old guy that played for a rinky-dink circus. But then, unfortunately, I've never seen Bish play.
While not actually a drummer, Pancho Sanchez is one of my faves.
I've got a Ludwig "Hollywood" set from 1965. I love those things more than any of my guitars. You should hear "IN-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" coming out of those old babys!

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Ginger Baker and Moonie have to be up there.
My current favourite, though, is called John - and the pizza's always hot, when he delivers it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical. Always coming round here raising the tone of the conversation. I don't know, tsk tsk tsk.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

My list has to include Art Blakey, Chick Webb, and Buddy Rich. I'm not sure who else I'd toss in there.

A friend of mine worked with Buddy Rich. I gather he's got Yngwie's personality.

A few I'd add to the list: Gene Krupa, Barrett Deems (I knew him when he was an old man - great guy), and the best 'unknown' I've seen - a guy named Joel Spencer who teaches at Northwestern.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

My list has to include Art Blakey, Chick Webb, and Buddy Rich. I'm not sure who else I'd toss in there.

A friend of mine worked with Buddy Rich. I gather he's got Yngwie's personality.

A few I'd add to the list: Gene Krupa, Barrett Deems (I knew him when he was an old man - great guy), and the best 'unknown' I've seen - a guy named Joel Spencer who teaches at Northwestern.

Had Yngwie's personality -- yes, Rich was well-known as an arrogant a-hole. He also was an especially vocal disparager of country music and its musicians. But I try not to confuse the art and the artist. Plently of nice guys suck on their instruments.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

Plently of nice guys suck on their instruments.

Me, for example. :D

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Without a doubt for me it is Neil Peart. He was mentioned on "School of Rock" for criminy's sake!!

Drumming is so underrated. A good drummer can really add a deeper demension to a band. The sound of a song with a drummer who can fill and use different sounds appropriately is so much more complete.

Plus, they tend to be crazy.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I'm not sure what you mean by that . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Yeah! Why is that? I have never met or known a drummer who wasnt a bit...groovey.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3