Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Electric Guitar Brand

23 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

This may sound a little like reverse snobbery, but I like Squiers...few weeks ago, after seeing Status Quo, I decided I had to have a telecaster - tried a couple in the guitar shop (through a Roland 15W Cube amp) and wasn't impressed...I mentioned to the assistant my Squier Strat sounded as good, and felt better in my hands....so, looking down his nose at me, he suggested I could always go down-market, they actually had a Squier Tele in stock....tried it, the neck felt better, the sound was sharper and clearer....especially on the bridge p/u....so I bought it....and with the money I saved, got myself an Avalanche 12-string and a Freshman bass.....

For me, it's not about looks or names, it's what it feels like in your hands and what it sounds like through your amp.......

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nice one Vic! Although, to me, Squier tele's don't really sound as twangy as Fender or other high-class tele's, they do sound good on their own and offer a more agressive and sharper sound. Lot's of value for money with Squier, that's for sue!

ReplyQuote
(@jamminejohn)
Eminent Member

I voted for fender BUT what I mean is the fender type of guitar.
I like long scale,25.5" electric guitars with P90's and/or other single coil type pups.
I prefer ash bodies & maple necks. I like 7.5" radius.
I play 2 G&L tele's & a partscaster with G&L pups.

JJ

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

This may sound a little like reverse snobbery, but I like Squiers...few weeks ago, after seeing Status Quo, I decided I had to have a telecaster - tried a couple in the guitar shop (through a Roland 15W Cube amp) and wasn't impressed...I mentioned to the assistant my Squier Strat sounded as good, and felt better in my hands....so, looking down his nose at me, he suggested I could always go down-market, they actually had a Squier Tele in stock....tried it, the neck felt better, the sound was sharper and clearer....especially on the bridge p/u....so I bought it....and with the money I saved, got myself an Avalanche 12-string and a Freshman bass.....

For me, it's not about looks or names, it's what it feels like in your hands and what it sounds like through your amp.......

Vic

And then, two-and-a-half years later, I found THE Tele. Still kept the Squier though - I wouldn't part with it, noway, nohow!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I still love the 51 and the Squier tele Black & Chrome 8) But the Fender Strat is still king IMHO :twisted:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Fender all the way :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2