Clear all

First Band Names

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I listen to the Bob and Tom show on the radio occasionally and when they have musicians as guests they always ask them what was some of the names of the first bands they were in. Always entertaining.

My little band that gets together occasionally for jam sessions has the informal name of "Old Farts of the Apocalypse". I stole it from a Stephen King story.

So...what were some of the names of your first bands?

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

My son and I used to call ourself Indestructible Sandwich

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hmm kind of in my first band now and we really can't decide on a name although we haven't played out so it's no big deal.

The bass player wants to call us The Hard Hitters, because the town we are from New Britain has a nickname Hard Hittin New Britain, but personally I think it's pretty lame.

We practice at my house and I live on a street called Gary Drive so I suggested the name The Gary Driver Band, not really hot on that one either.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I listen to the Bob and Tom show on the radio occasionally and when they have musicians as guests they always ask them what was some of the names of the first bands they were in. Always entertaining.

My little band that gets together occasionally for jam sessions has the informal name of "Old Farts of the Apocalypse". I stole it from a Stephen King story.

So...what were some of the names of your first bands?

Gosh . . . . that would be 1970. We called ourselves "Total Green Confusion."

It described our sound to a T

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

1st official band I was in was called Purgatory. It was the early 80's & we were into Sabbath, Dio, & the like.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

1966. four teenagers we were and we called our band The Prodigy. we weren't though.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

"Casey Dee" from "KCD" first initial of the band members

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

"Septic Tongue."

Just don't ask.

Ande

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

My buddy and me called ourselves "The Puke Mongers" although we just made recordings and weren't a real band. First real band was "Tempers Flare" but that isn't event remotely amusing sounding.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote