Notifications
Clear all

GAS for Guitar Players Only?

58 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Even though I currently claim to be GAS free, I still might get me a cheapo semi-hollow next year.
Which one of the 12 steps is that one, Roy?

Let's see. (counts guitars) 1,2,3....9. Step 10, I'm on now.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Don't even get me started on the cost of skates.

I had hand me downs most of my life from big footed younger cousins. They kept me in ski boots and skates until I was 17. Hockey sticks were simple wooden affairs to be purchased at the closest department store (20 miles away) and the puck stayed on the porch which meant you never had to freeze it to play with it. No helmets either. Can't tell you how many times I cracked my head on the ice. Could go a long way to explain my current condition maybe. Hmmmmm

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

:lol: :D :wink: :D

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Even though I currently claim to be GAS free, I still might get me a cheapo semi-hollow next year.
Which one of the 12 steps is that one, Roy?

Do i need to wait till you complete the 12 step program before you can be my sponsor?
I'm stuck on 10 as well :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Holy crap! Yeah...ten!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Certainly on topic but not guitar related....
...Now, use to be that hockey sticks were cheap. But nowadays you can spend $250 on one. :shock: Yes. That's not a typo. And to justify the costs, they come out with a new model like every 6 months...

INSTANT KARMA UPDATE
I HAD to open my big mouth. Last night my kid take the ice for practice. He's on the ice for ten minutes and I hear .."CRAAACKKK"! He had broken his new composite stick. So there I am (one minute later) in the pro shop with credit card in hand. Why Alice? Why did have to open my BIIIGGG MOUTH???

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Here are 4 theories on why.

(1) You forgot to knock on wood.
(2) Quantum theory gives credence to the concept that we create our own reality
(3) It was a "simple twist of fate"
(4) Your son didn't pay for the hockey stick

I'm sure I can think of more but I'm packing for Tennessee again.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Here are 4 theories on why.

(1) You forgot to knock on wood.
(2) Quantum theory gives credence to the concept that we create our own reality
(3) It was a "simple twist of fate"
(4) Your son didn't pay for the hockey stick

I'm sure I can think of more but I'm packing for Tennessee again.

KR2
A) There's no hockey in Tennessee.
B) There is such a thing as "the hockey gods". They must have accounts here on GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

When I lived in Birmingham, Alabama in the late '70s, there was a professional hockey team there. The Birmingham Bulls.

Hockey's a lot more fun to watch than basketball.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Computer geeks have GAS too. The ratio of my guitars to my husband's computers and computer parts is far too uneven. His being way higher than mine. :|

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

So having an NHL team doesn't count?

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

So having an NHL team doesn't count?
Yeah, but THAT'S not hockey. LOL. Just kidding bro. I went to go see them play a few years back. Actually went to go see them their first year in the league when they played against the Devs here in Jersey.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

B) There is such a thing as "the hockey gods".

Team Canada 1972

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4