Clear all

Genius??

35 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yup , david , you are that man !

And for that genius (given by a genius) , here's the time old saying (so true even today) - "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration"

Also lets see , if beatles and jimi are able to continue upto 2200 ?

Well i guess , they will live forever (30000 A.D. anyone :wink:).They have developed their own and unique style of music which everybody loved, loves and will continue to love.Its only time , that , a hard rock metal teenager , in the future era , takes a look at some beatles record and gets hooked to them.

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

What David said. Interesting thing is that most awesome composers are atleast decent performers (Bach played some nice organ, Rachmaninov wasn't too bad on the piano) whereas many 'virtuoso' players (eg. Malmsteen and his buddies) don't write that interesting music. All IMHO ofcourse.

Anyway, as long as people want to spend their live trying to write the best songs while others spend their lives getting the most out of their instrument it seems like a perfect match.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Seems to me that one can have bursts of genius without being a genius -- probably as close as any of us can hope for. OTOH, achieving virtuosity is probably closer to a 24x7 task that could be attained by fair percentage of us -- if the determination is there.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Seems to me that one can have bursts of genius without being a genius -- probably as close as any of us can hope for. OTOH, achieving virtuosity is probably closer to a 24x7 task that could be attained by fair percentage of us -- if the determination is there.

I would call that Inspiration. A good example might be John newton who wrote "Amazing Grace" One of the best loved songs of all time and a great piece of music. I don't think he was a genius or a virtuoso, but he WAS inspired when he wrote that song. I think lots of music and pop songs are writtin by artists who may be inspired but not a genius.Sometimes the inspired songs are the best kind IMHO--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Music is music.

How you get there and the memories that you ascertain are what is important to me. It ALL dates back to the feeling you were in at the time. The funny thing is, sometimes you can never duplicate that precise mood/feeling because it sometimes depends on what the day dealt you.

Music (to me) is a moment in time where we feel “one” with something. We grasp, feel and live the moment and that is what makes us who we are and makes us like the music we like. Nobody is the same and I for one am glad for that.

For me, music is a way of life and a way life I could not live without. 8)

Mike

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3