Notifications
Clear all

Godsmack-The Other Side

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Plus one of their album names is FaceLess, instead of FaceLift, like AIC. THAT'S JUST CHEATING!!

How is Godsmack a ripoff of Alice in chains? I don't hear any influence of Alice in chains in songs like Voodoo, Moon Baby and even their newer stuff.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Plus one of their album names is FaceLess, instead of FaceLift, like AIC. THAT'S JUST CHEATING!!

How is Godsmack a ripoff of Alice in chains? I don't hear any influence of Alice in chains in songs like Voodoo, Moon Baby and even their newer stuff.

Hey Man thats not my quote.

Speak, from the newer album, is very similar to Alice in Chains, but the entire acoustic album is like listening to a cover band.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Sorry about that Off He Goes, I believe that was a quote from Saber actually. I was just scrolling through the conversation looking for that perticular passage and accidentally quoted you instead of the original person who said it.

I still don't fully get this comparision to Alice in chains. I still see more of a comparison between a band like Metallica and Godsmack, rather then Alice in chains. While it's probably true that AIC and grunge may have influenced them a bit, I wouldn't call them ripping them off. It's hard to argue this though, since it's all pretty much what one believes.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sorry about that Off He Goes, I believe that was a quote from Saber actually. I was just scrolling through the conversation looking for that perticular passage and accidentally quoted you instead of the original person who said it.

I still don't fully get this comparision to Alice in chains. I still see more of a comparison between a band like Metallica and Godsmack, rather then Alice in chains. While it's probably true that AIC and grunge may have influenced them a bit, I wouldn't call them ripping them off. It's hard to argue this though, since it's all pretty much what one believes.

That's cool man, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a "he said, she said" kind of thing.

I do hear the Metallica thing too. I also hear a similarity to Jeff Martin from the Tea Party.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Alright, the answer to this is pretty simple to me. Anyone who can't think of their own band name, and has to take it from another bands creative efforts, is destined to be a ripoff.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

i like Godsmack i think sully kicks %^#% !.

only track i've heard from "other side" is running Blind whick is really cool.
trying to get my hands on the new godsmack album but in this place everything takes ages. went up to the local cd store and asked the guy "have guys got the new godsmack cd" this was about a week after it got realeased...

his answer.." uh dude i didn't even know they had a new one out.."

Nough said

Minus

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2