Clear all

Good GAS

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thinking about get a Boss GT-8 pedal.... Plays killer at GC, anyone have this thing? How is it to program?

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Sid,
Yeah I've had one going on three years now. Its my main "In the House" rig.

What it

IS: Full blown, guitar work station with too much functionality to list here.

IS NOT: a Plug and Play unit.

You have to tweak on this thing. Because it is so versatile, it you'll need to tweak it to fit your rig. There is a another forum/sight called. http://www.bossgtcentral.com with a lot of great info and discussion about the GT-8 as well as a Patch Exchange.

You'll need a USB to MIDI Cable to load patches onto the GT-8.

I have mine plugged into both my computer (Phones out to Line IN on my soundcard) and the L/R channels each going to their respective Active Studio Monitor. (Beheringer Truth B2031A). These monitors are FRFR or (Full Response/Full Range) speakers and they don't 'color' the signal coming from the GT-8. You can always plug it into a regular amp, particially one with an effects loop but you'll get some 'colorization' of the signal. For a long time I had mine plugged into my HotRod Deluxe with great results. (The amp at this point only acts a conduite to amplify the sound so the PREAMP on the HotRod is out of the loop).

Anyhoo they're great units, I'm very pleased with mine. There are other equivelants from different brands out there, Zoom, Korg, VOX, Line6 etc.

Also you can bypass all the Preamps in the GT-8 and use it just for the effect and build your own chain of effects to use on your given amp.

They're pretty cool.

D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Cool, it was between this and an older Roland VG-88. The Boss has the patch exchange going for it. One thing I have to say for the Roland is one of my favorite local guitarist out here can emulate every single classic rock band to the tee with it.

Gonna get the Boss then.

thanks

ReplyQuote