Clear all

Great Customer Service from SIT Strings

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I bought some SIT Silencers for my Cortobass, hoping to get a sound somewhere between flats and rounds.

Unfortunately, the .105-gauge E string had a strange rattling problem, almost like the core wire had separated from the windings, and the string sounded totally lifeless.

I had bought the set at Juststrings, but they don't stock Silencer singles so I couldn't get a replacement from them. I emailed SIT to ask where I could get a single string, and not only did they send me a replacement E string at no charge, they also sent me a whole new set as well! Excellent service! 8)

Oh, these are really good sounding strings too. Rich and full, with a solid lower-mid punch, and a warmer top end than ordinary roundwounds. Good tonal balance from string-to-string, unlike D'addario 1/2-rounds which had an unpleasant twang on the D and G strings when I tried them on the Mustang. The SITs feel smooth under the fingers and have very little finger squeak. Check 'em out if you're looking for an alternative to rounds but don't care for flats.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."