Clear all

Greatest Electric Rock Guitarist

128 Posts
42 Users
0 Likes
19.7 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Actually, before we debated on anything back when I was in school, we would have an objective statement(what we were debating), all terms in the objective statement defined, as well as another other terms and criteria defined before any debating happens.

I am sorry, I lead the thread off topic. I just believe a musician can touch other people with their music in ways other than what music other musicians play.

Back to the topic.................

ReplyQuote
(@iskateblind)

i voted for clapton has anyone ever heard of cream?

crossroads maybe?

im only 13 buy i listen to late 60's ansd 70's rock and hen drix defined it but he wasnt the best

my dad has posters and tells storys of stuff liek "CLAPTON IS GOD" ON EVERYTHING

but anyone heard of the yardbirds? everyone was in that lol

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Are you being sarcastic with the whole "ever heard of cream and the yardbirds" bit?

Good for you 13 year old who listens to 60s and 70s rock. Youre off to a good start.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i voted for clapton has anyone ever heard of cream?

crossroads maybe?

im only 13 buy i listen to late 60's ansd 70's rock and hen drix defined it but he wasnt the best

my dad has posters and tells storys of stuff liek "CLAPTON IS GOD" ON EVERYTHING

but anyone heard of the yardbirds? everyone was in that lol

I've heard of Cream but not the Yardbirds or Crossroads. Though I assume Crossroads a band with Clapton in it too because there is a signature pedal called Crossroads.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

The Yardbirds were an important band. The music is dated but if you play rock, you should definately listen to their stuff.

You should also listen to Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, and John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. Those are all very important rock/blues bands that had Clapton as a member. Claptonology 101...

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I failed Claptonology, always fell asleep...........stupid 8:30am classes! I majored in Cobainology. Passed with flying V's! (that wasn't sarcasm, just me having fun)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Crossroads is a song recorded by Cream (Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker & Jack Bruce). It started life as "Cross Road Blues" by Robert Johnson.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I failed Claptonology, always fell asleep...........stupid 8:30am classes! I majored in Cobainology. Passed with flying V's! (that wasn't sarcasm, just me having fun)

ROFL

<Begins speaking in a voice similar to one of those in wildlife video>

SHH!!!

Look at er folks. Its the elusive OneWingedAngel. Isnt she a beaut!! WOW.. Shes learning to tread <political water> for the VERY FIRST TIME.

</ends corney wildlife scene that noone got>

This board is going to make you a conformist yet OWA. LOL Yes, I am teasing with you.

Good day

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey nobody's mentioned Leo Fender yet....actually I don't even know whether he was a guitarist, I do know, though, that without his work a lot of very influential guitarists - Hendrix, Clapton, Marvin et al - would have sounded a lot different......

I haven't actually voted for anyone - the field is just too wide, and there are so many great guitarists who have contributed so much in so many genres, I find it hard to pin down to one single guitarist....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

it's said that Leo never learned to play a guitar, he was more interested in electronics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fender

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Ha! :D

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ha! :D

Ditto!

That was funny, OWA!!! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@iskateblind)

lol yah sarcasm im not just like howlin at the wind like some snotty 13 year old i just look at so many tabs and there all like crossroads lol yah know
going top to bottom

4th string 7 7 5 7
3rd string 7 6 5 0 3 0

learn it up lols
then it goes into like f too much to write it all out yah know ill write it all outn if someone wants to know

but yardbirds had jimmy paige of led zeplin jeff beck of i forget who(guitar liscens revoked lol) and clapton

i liked derick and the dominos tooo with eric clapton and dwain almon heh i dont know but look at alot of tabbs and youll see like 2 2 0 2 and stuff

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

lol yah sarcasm im not just like howlin at the wind like some snotty 13 year old i just look at so many tabs and there all like crossroads lol yah know
going top to bottom

4th string 7 7 5 7
3rd string 7 6 5 0 3 0

learn it up lols
then it goes into like f too much to write it all out yah know ill write it all outn if someone wants to know

but yardbirds had jimmy paige of led zeplin jeff beck of i forget who(guitar liscens revoked lol) and clapton

i liked derick and the dominos tooo with eric clapton and dwain almon heh i dont know but look at alot of tabbs and youll see like 2 2 0 2 and stuff

My head hurts.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

going top to bottom

4th string 7 7 5 7
3rd string 7 6 5 0 3 0

learn it up lols

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but could you use punctuation when you type? I have difficulties reading and typing that way doesn't make it easier to understand. Sorry if this sounds offensive but I have no idea what you said in your post.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 9