Clear all

Guilty Pleasures

157 Posts
52 Users
0 Likes
24.1 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Why nobody mentioned Boney M - Kings of Bubblegum pop...

I just love their songs. Ra Ra Rasputinnnn

Now there was a band I LOATHED with a passion!

Ah, Boney M - the Milli Vanilli of the 70's!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

I know I'm going to get beaten up over this but what the hell!

I not ashamed: "Little Wing" The Corrs. Andrea Corr------oh just such a gorgeous voice and the gorgeous looks too.

Lots of people say they murdered Hendrix's song but I think they made it better.
I especially like the acoustic guitar treatment it has plus the great slide and picked solo the guy in the backing band does on that shiny National guitar.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwVr3VYlAqI

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Corr ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Ok.. I will need a zillion of 'i'm ashamed' icons because this is difficult:

One of my all time favorites is: 'I Love the Night Life' by Alicia Briges, 'Born to Be Alive' by Patrick Hernandez, and then......'YMCA' yes, exactly, that one of The Village People.

Last but not least....I liked the Spice Girls...really!!..I preferred their fresh songs to this strangling Shakira ,Beyonce or Aguilera that causes me infection to the ears.

Ok...end of the therapy..how much is the fee, dear Psychiatrist?

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I admit liking 'Hips don't lie' by Shakira. We can visit the psychologist together. :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

I love ABBA. Listen to Dancing Queen everytime the mp3 players starts up...

This reminds me that some time ago I read in a rock'n'roll magazine : (Q maybe?) a poll between selected artists on which they were asked about their favorite ABBA song...I remember Tina Turner was there, and my surprise was to find my idol Peter Hammill (from Van Der Graaf Generator) and he chose 'Knowing Me , Knowing You' as his favorite ABBA song....sadly I don're remember the other songs or artists...I will search in the internet.

By the way ABBA is a classic !

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

One of my all time favorites is: 'I Love the Night Life' by Alicia Briges, 'Born to Be Alive' by Patrick Hernandez, and then......'YMCA' yes, exactly, that one of The Village People.
I had forgotten to Patrick Hernandez! :lol:
I think this song was the theme of that year in the "Vuelta" (cycling).

And YMCA's video is a must to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CQbArqwhs

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I love ABBA. Listen to Dancing Queen everytime the mp3 players starts up...

This reminds me that some time ago I read in a rock'n'roll magazine : (Q maybe?) a poll between selected artists on which they were asked about their favorite ABBA song...I remember Tina Turner was there, and my surprise was to find my idol Peter Hammill (from Van Der Graaf Generator) and he chose 'Knowing Me , Knowing You' as his favorite ABBA song....sadly I don're remember the other songs or artists...I will search in the internet.

By the way ABBA is a classic !

That sounds great! Hope you can find the link.
I never got ABBA, but I know it's my loss. I don't think I've ever talked to a 'real' musician who didn't have something nice to say about them. There's obviously a lot of solid craft in their songs that other players can recognise.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Rodders wrote:
Corr ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are so right there Rod.

Makes you glad to be alive!!

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ok...end of the therapy..how much is the fee, dear Psychiatrist?

If a psychiatrist/psychologist took a look through my record collection, it'd be a case of "Scrap my diary for the next 12 months, Miss Jones, I've got a big job on here......

Probably not too many places where you'd find "Roll Along Wagon Train" (Robert Horton) "Venus in Blue Jeans" (Mark Wynter) Have A Drink On Me (Lonnie Donegan) "Always Something There To Remind Me" (Sandie Shaw) White Cliffs Of Dover (The Blue Jays) and Sincerely (The Moonglows) snuggling up to the likes of Motorhead, Blue Oyster Cult, Status Quo, Led Zep and Deep Purple.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sandie Shaw and "Always Something There To Remind Me"! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwjcNVL2cqw

(For the young people: The video shows a 45 RPM record. Usually we bought the songs in that media. We can say it is the first version of iTunes Music Store.)

And also her hit "Puppet on a string". I remember a version of this song in Spanish; I'm not sure but I think it was recorded by herself. The video is from Eurovision 1967 (include the votes, very nice, 40 years ago...).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM0UtIH-Yik

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I think I'm going to win on the embarrassment stakes with this revelation I actually went out and paid money for this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWWX3FPkaQ

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That McCartney song ain't sounding too bad now, is it.

;)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Slej,

Stop the insanity..you and Paul are killin me!

Ok since I busted you on the MCartney song I'll give up a couple more of my closet indulgances although I haven't heard them in years...two MJ songs..Beat It and Billie Jean..there I said it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Rodders : Although nothing compared to Milli Vanili and Boney M, yet you have been awarded distinction on the embarrasment stage.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 11