Clear all

Hair - long or short for an old rocker?

78 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

in Australia we call them beanies ( woolen knitted things you wear on your head ) sun burn ever heard of a hat ?

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

No, it isn't Steffie Graf that I nicked the barnet from.

Pssssst - don't tell Vic, but I got it from Camilla Parker Bowles.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

I think the cut in the original picture suits you :)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

We get real rain here, the double-distilled, triple filtered 140% proof stuff with added water and extra H20.....none of that messing about with drizzle and light rain, here we get to go from dry to drenched in the burst of a cloud....

Vic

You ever been to the tropics Vic? Even in the part of Australia where I live, which is south of the tropics, we sometimes get rain that makes English rain look like mere dampness. :shock: It can come down with a volume and ferocity that seems well above and beyond what mere gravity should be able to account for.

But I do agree with you - English rain can have a particularly vicious cold biting quality that's pretty unpleasant. So when you have it shorn off, just get Marilyn to knit you a beanie (bobble hat) with the wool clip. :)

Did you show her the pics of you as a copper or a rajah?

Is there actually any chance you'll try something different or is this just an exercise to prove that you're going to stick to your guns no matter what?

It's your head after all.... :D

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Pssssst - don't tell Vic, but I got it from Camilla Parker Bowles.

Yeah, lets not tell him so he doesn't think he is cute or anything like that

I was whispering above so he would not hear us.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I live in Central Queensland (Australia )average tempeture during summer is about 38-40 degrees Celsius I don't know what that equates in farenheight .

Winter it can go down to 0 .... I don't have any problems with not having hair

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

40 X 9 / 5 + 32 = 104 deg F.......

ouch!

we're lucky if it reaches 74 more than once a week at the height of what laughingly passes for summer....

104degF would bring a whole new meaning to the word "redhead" - there'd be a few of those walking about....

:D :D :D

Vic

BTW, loved the "Walrus" quote Tim....Lennon got that one bang on, didn't he!!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK - current thinking is, get lots of hair chopped off....got to get a new lead for the camera, so I can take "Before and After" photos....

I really hate forking out money for barbers.....but it looks as though the Mrs has got the bit between her teeth, so I'll let her pay.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I really hate forking out money for barbers...Me, too. So I bought a clipper and just really cut it short about once a week. I was shaving my head all over daily for the previous 8 years or so, so I'm really taking the lazy route.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Vic,
I think you suit you hair as it is in the photo. Having said that I cut my locks off some years ago and havent looked back since. You can always grow it back if you dont like it short.
pbee

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hope it works out OK.

No barber's fees here. My wife cuts mine every couple of months when it gets too wrecked looking.

In case you need some back-up, there's some handy looking wigs here at Amazon.com

Click for rock-n-roll wig selection

Comparing my current hair-style to the wigs on offer, I apparently already wear something that's perilously close to what's described as "Ancient Surfer Dude"... :o Ancient... Hmmphhh....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I finally bit the bullet and succumbed today....yes, I finally had a haircut!

Marilyn has her hair done every week, hairdresser comes to our house....whilst Marilyn was washing my hair, I asked her if there was any chance of a quick trim.....so she got on with it, she'd finished by the time Marilyn came out of the bathroom.....

Marilyn looked at me, looked at Jane and said "I thought you were doing Vic first?"

"Ah," sez I, "sign of a good haircut....can't tell it's been done....."

She was totally gobsmacked when I got a shovel and brush out, swept the hair up and showed her how much had been cut off.....

Now it looks just like the photo again......

TO BE UPDATED, NOVEMBER 2006.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Vic,
good for you. I think you should write us a song about hair loss just to cap off (so to speak
:roll: ) the subject.
cheers
pbee

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

WoOt!!
dodged a bullet eh? :wink:

thought fer sure us baldys would lure you over to the shiny side (darth vader voice)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ah, the follicles are strong in this one......

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6