78 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

"But Mum, Jesus had long hair...."

Vic

Some things about Jesus, He was not caucasian as depicted in most of the paintings of him. The style of hair during His time on earth was to wear it short (but not as short as a crew cut), so he probably didn't have long hair. I think it's a good thing that we don't know what He looked like.

I had hair down to the middle of my back until about 5 years ago, kept it in a ponytail. I was working on my truck one day and it kept getting caught between my back and the ground. Between the job and it getting caught all the time I got really PO'd. So I stormed into the house got the dog clippers and off it came. I've kept it short ever since then. Do what makes you happy, lifes to short :!:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@iceage)

It looks fine as in the picture. However, you need to be absolutely honest with yourself on this point: is the long hair covering any hint of baldness?

If it is you need to crop it PDQ. If you don't the lure of the ponytail or comb over will become too strong to resist :shock:

I got rid of my long hair when it started to thin, I wouldn't go back now. A polish every week & the dome glows :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Long hair doesn't cover any hint of baldness, other than to the owner of the hair. Everyone else sees it. I well remember how I kept parting my hair to one side, as I always had, till one day I was looking in the mirror and realized "I can see through my hair!" I was the last to know.
:lol:

I got bald on top with a fringe around the sides and back. I said, "If I'm going to be bald, I'm going to be bald," and started shaving it before it became a widespread fashion. That meant everybody thought I had cancer. When I didn't lose weight and didn't die, they finally quit whispering about it. I kept it shaved for years. If you're going to shave your face every day, it's little more trouble to shave your head. This year, though, I (a) got lazy, and (b) wondered what my hair'd look like, and let it grow out. It's quite gray, and basically a thin fringe. Beard's quite gray, too. I bought a cheap clipper, set it short, and about once a week buzz off my hair and beard to short fuzz. Now that's really easy!
8)

Last fall I let it grow out pretty long and shaggy, and by Christmastime I bore a distinct resemblance to Santa Claus. I wore a red Santa hat to work right before Christmas, and little kids would often stop and stare at me open-mouthed, tugging on their mothers' sleeves.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6