Clear all

I Finally Saw An Agile

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Mikespe's been raving over these, but I've yet to see or hear one. So last night I was at a pub checking out a friend of mine's gig when the lead guitarist pulls out a LP copy of some sort. Turns out I knew that guy too, so I talked with him between sets. Sure enough, it was an Agile. He said it doesn't play like a Gibson, but at 10% of the price.......

He was running it through a few pedals, so I didn't get a handle on the clean sound, but the rest sounded great. Covered everything from Petty to Hendrix with it.

If I didn't already have an epi......

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Interesting - I've never heard a negative comment about the Agile's. When he said it doesn't play like a Gibby - did he have any examples or reasons?

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Interesting - I've never heard a negative comment about the Agile's. When he said it doesn't play like a Gibby - did he have any examples or reasons?

I didn't think to ask. DOH!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I thought about getting an Agile but couldn't because they were too expensive. Between international shipping and duties, it's cheaper for me to go to a store and buy an Epiphone.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I don't know where you were looking but, Aglie is out of New Jersey, USA. Look up Rondo Music.

Then again, I thought you were from the states so, sorry if I'm wrong.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

wouldn't say that was a negative comment...If it really costs 10% of a gibson, thats a pretty good comment, obviously it won't play as nice as one, but if it's good enough for him to gig with...

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

OWA's Canadian.

The reason Agiles are so inexpensive for their quality in the US is that Rondo's both the importer and the retailer. They cut out the middle man. Poor middle man.

If Rondo imports 'em to the U.S. and then ships 'em back out to another country, costs go up and it gets a bit more complicated.

They look to me to be the same guitars as the Tokai "Love Rocks" line. You might look for an importer of those in Canada, OWA. Though Korean made, they're a bit different from the Epiphone line.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

That's like that company that makes PRS style guitars, Carvin, and ships them to you from the factory, avoiding the middle man. I've heard they are very good, and half the price of the common PRS.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

"Hey all you middle men, through away your fancy cars!"

Who knows it? Somebody name the song.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Might get better results with: "Hey all you middlemen, throw away your fancy clothes."
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

"Rock and Roll Aint' Noise Pollution" AC/DC Didn't remember had to look it up! Did I win something?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I haven't seen an Agile myself, but I own a SX bass from Rondo. Decent bass for the $109 that I paid! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Next you'll see Agile Sightings commercials on the TV...

***In my BEST Redneck Accent:

Yup. I sees one them thar AgYles befere. Me an' my dawg Billy Bubba were out riding on my tractor when all of a sudden I heard this loud twangin' sound. I thought it was da spark plugs...

You can fill in the rest! :roll:

ReplyQuote