13 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That is hilarious......!!!!

Chris C wrote.....

Here's the chords:

D A | Bm F#m | G D | G A

umm - I wrote this song a couple of years ago, called "A Sailor's Song" for the SSG.....recorded it, put it on soundclick....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=225059&songID=3348272

looking through my songs to do list, this one's up near the top of "songs to re-do" subsection - after hearing Smokehouse blow some blues harp on Hear here, asked him would he like to add harmonica to it.....we're in the process of recording it NOW..... chords are

D A Bm F#m G D C A......I cheated a litttle on the new recording (but BEFORE I read this post...) added an A between the Bm and F#m......

well, HELL, every time I play this now I'm going to think "Bloody Pachabel!"........and honest, it was just the way the song flowed......

Trivia.....the music was used as the backing track for an ad campaign that ran for years in the UK - anyone remember the "pure new wool" ads?

And the Farm had a hit with "No-man's land" in the late 80's - care to take a wild guess at the chords and melody?

Man, that tune is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ha, I checked your songs and the melody is almost identical to 'Streets of London'. Looked up the chords to that one, guess what? :D

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Pure new wool, arrrghh! (yes, I remember :wink:)

Did you ever get the landscape channel Vic? I know it was on cable all the time when it first came out, and you guys up north got all the good deals on cable... us southerners had to wait a while. Anyhoo, there was one particular piece with penguins and a certain familiar ditty in the background. Probably the first time I heard it actually.

Oh, and the Farm's classic All Together Now.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

..... chords are

D A Bm F#m G D C A......I cheated a litttle on the new recording (but BEFORE I read this post...) added an A between the Bm and F#m......

well, HELL, every time I play this now I'm going to think "Bloody Pachabel!"........and honest, it was just the way the song flowed......

I'm afraid you're going to be Vic "Johann" Lewis to me from now on.... :wink:
Ha, I checked your songs and the melody is almost identical to 'Streets of London'. Looked up the chords to that one, guess what?

Good one! 8) Now I can add another song to my very modest repertoire. I just did a couple of runs through and worked out some different stuff with the right hand, and I've almost got "Streets" down already. Thanks for the tip off. :D

Looks like I may never need to learn another chord progression.. :P At least, until medical science comes up with a cure for the Pachelbel Virus.... :shock:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

Ha, I checked your songs and the melody is almost identical to 'Streets of London'. Looked up the chords to that one, guess what? :D

wow.....what a genius......writing all those pop songs...lets hear it for the 'king of swing'....the 'prince of pop'...the'Svengali of soul'...'the one...the only'.....

........PACHELBEL!!!!! :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:

This wicked thread is running parallel to the ''is music timeless'' one...it will merge with it soon and form a MEGATHREAD....just like the Squire '51 roll call.....so beware :evil: :evil: :shock:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

....DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU ALL 8) ........

I've read 'the Da Vinci Code'.....its in there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK, own-up time - how many of you woke up this morning humming la-la-la-la-la etc.....how many of you picked up a guitar and strummed D - A - Bm - F#m la-la-la-la etc?

"the Pachelbel Virus" LMAO - now it's got a name.....

Wonder if in future, new guitars will come with anti-Pachelbel software? I see a marketing opportunity here.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I see a marketing opportunity here.....

Yeah Vic and you now even have the name thanks to Chris

"the Pachelbel Virus"

logo maybe ,

" The only software that will keep Pachelbel away "

LMAO

Jingle " watch the the link " la de da

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If you do go to the Youtube link, check out the same guy's take on the theme from "Friends" - hilarious!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8wBNoiv90

JUST IN CASE SOMEONE CAN'T FIND IT

This should be posted in the song writting forums :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

umm - I wrote this song a couple of years ago, called "A Sailor's Song" for the SSG.....recorded it, put it on soundclick....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=225059&songID=3348272

I particularly liked the yelling you did at the end, "WHAAAT??!!??"

Sounded like someone was interrupting you. :lol:

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

If you do go to the Youtube link, check out the same guy's take on the theme from "Friends" - hilarious!

Vic

Nice. I love musical comedy anyway (anyone heard Mitch Benn?), but throw in some pedantry and you're on to a winner with me :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh and from the same guy - American idol Loser Song - just as funny.....

X - Factor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K2Yi_y7Y4w

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2