Clear all

I'm going to do it, I think I might.

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

That looks like a smart SG! I'm dying to buy a new guitar, but I've barely been playing 3 months lol. What I can play makes me a happy camper though, but I paid £150 for my current axe (richwood strat copy, smart solid wood body). Ho hum, I guess I can drool at all the GN members new axes /sigh. :)

(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Ya sure ya want those P-90s??? I have this particular SG and love it, but after a while it's tough on my ears due to the pups. Of course I could turn it down. But that wouldn't be any fun, would it??? :?:

Anyway, good luck/congrats on whatever you buy! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@raistx)
Trusted Member

Derek,

Have you actually tried playing an SG yet?

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I would agree that you should PLAY the guitar first and then decide if it really is your "dream" guitar. I always loved LPs but ended up with a strat because it FELT better than an LP....that is until I got my LP style Hagstrom, which felt better than my strat.

I've gathered you've got quite a thing for Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes, both guitarists I myself admire, but don't try to copy their tone. Find your own. The SG might be the guitar for you and it might not be, but ya gotta find your own sound, not someone elses. I'm sure Derek really admired Duane, but never copied his sound, he found one all his own.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I've gathered you've got quite a thing for Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes, both guitarists I myself admire, but don't try to copy their tone. Find your own. The SG might be the guitar for you and it might not be, but ya gotta find your own sound, not someone elses. I'm sure Derek really admired Duane, but never copied his sound, he found one all his own.+1

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You're gonna slide on it ?

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Why dont you just go out to a music store try most every type of guitar that they have. Try Strats,Teles,Les pauls and SG's.
You may HATE the sound and the feel of the 2 guitars you just mentioned.

Any way I hope you find what looks,sounds and feels good to you good luck. :D

ReplyQuote