Skip to content
I'm in love! I now ...

Notifications
Clear all

I'm in love! I now pronounce you....... (with pix)

41 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Now that is an axe that demands respect! I hope one day you get that, Rodders.

Same to you, Geoo. I hope you get the C-1 Classic. But just remember, I got it first. :P Have you played one yet? Great feel, tone and neck (IMO). When I say feel, I do mean the neck, but also the body. It seems to huge me. That may sound weird, but it's true. Kind of like the old saying, "It fits like a glove" if you will.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Same to you, Geoo. I hope you get the C-1 Classic. But just remember, I got it first. :P Have you played one yet?

I played one a little in GC. I hope I do too, its been my obsession since last Nov I think. I'm just worried now cause you say that they may be discontinuing them. My plans were to buy it in July.

Have fun with her. She is a beauty. For the record, I am a huge fan of the "Vine of life" inlay.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

The guy at GC said he didn't have the C-1 Classic I was looking for and went on to say that they are discontinuing the guitars and some of the colors and starting a new line.

I wrote Schecter and asked them and they relieved my fears and basically said "No way in heck, its our best selling model" Whew.

I just have to make it until July

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I wrote Schecter and asked them and they relieved my fears and basically said "No way in heck, its our best selling model" Whew.

I just have to make it until July

Geoo

Thank you for doing that! I've been searching on the .net for inforation about it for you and I couldn't find anything. Now I know why.

Mike

P.S. Sorry to scare you like that! :oops:

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

No problem my friend. Just didnt want to miss out on a chance to get one so I was making sure what was up.

Hows she playing?

Geoo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This guitar fits me well! :D

The only problem I have is that it doesn't "come" with a case. You have to buy that seperate. And GC doesn't have a Schecter case for the C-1 in stock so I got a Freedom by SKB case instead but, the C-1 doesn't fit. I thought it did but, it doesn't.

BTW, the Schecter case for the C series (you got it, they only make 1 case :x ) did not get the greatest of reviews. They say it fits great but the case is cheap. So, I'm going to check out a different SKB case at Daddy's Junky Music in 45 min. Gotta wait til they open!

And this is a guitar that you want a really nice case for! :wink:

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Yeah.. I agree. In fact, when you find out what case fits best would you please let me know? I think I'll break down and get a case for the C1 and I still need to get a case for my Ovation. That is long over due but they take non standard cases too.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I ended up getting the a Core One case. It's rugged but heavy! I can deal with the weight so it's not a big deal. It fits well and has a very large compartment which I like.

Here are some pictures.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

This guitar fits me well! :D

The only problem I have is that it doesn't "come" with a case. You have to buy that seperate. And GC doesn't have a Schecter case for the C-1 in stock so I got a Freedom by SKB case instead but, the C-1 doesn't fit. I thought it did but, it doesn't.

BTW, the Schecter case for the C series (you got it, they only make 1 case :x ) did not get the greatest of reviews. They say it fits great but the case is cheap. So, I'm going to check out a different SKB case at Daddy's Junky Music in 45 min. Gotta wait til they open!

And this is a guitar that you want a really nice case for! :wink:

Mike, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I did buy the diamond series case for my Schecter. It's a good case. By no means is it any more or less in quality than other OEM cases. For the $60 it cost, I'm not a bit disappointed. It is a hard plastic case just like my High end Fender case. The padding and finish inside matches the quality of the guitar easy. It has storage pouches (not covered) that hold extra pair of strings, cleaning cloth, tuner, extra chord and some pics with room to spare. I'm glad I got my Diamond Series case.

I, too, had read some reviews on the case at MF before buying both from them. After reading some of the 'pans' about the case, I was skeptical as well. But it wasn't near as bad as I was lead to believe.

I've had my share of banging it around and it doesn't even dent or show signs of wear or scratches and such.

The case you got is like a tank. Did you get wheels with it? :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I took a pix of mine in the case.

I don't know how well this will turn out but here ya go.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The case you got is like a tank. Did you get wheels with it? :D

Wheels would have been a good addition to this case but no, it didn't come with them. I just got it today and haven't traveled with it yet. It weights @ 25lbs with the guitar in it. It's not too bad.

Yeah, I was really wondering about the Diamond Series case. Thank you. Lets see how this one works out.........

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3