Skip to content
I'm looking to buy ...

Notifications
Clear all

I'm looking to buy this lot of equipment. Is it worth it?

27 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Makes sense. I mean, after all, having a proper job is kinda dull right? :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Is it ever. Unrelated to this one, did you know that spammers turn a profit if only 1 purchase occurs for every 12.5 million spam emails sent?

If that one is one of you all, I am going to personally kick your butt.

This is an interesting idea. You could hire a personal shopper to find you the best deal on something. He sends you a link and that's it. You get a good deal, he gets a commission. As long as it's open and up front.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Dang, I'm usually good at spotting the spammers. Must be losing my touch.

I am so disappointed with human nature.

:(

Still curious about the ebay feedback rule changes though.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Is it ever. Unrelated to this one, did you know that spammers turn a profit if only 1 purchase occurs for every 12.5 million spam emails sent?

If that one is one of you all, I am going to personally kick your butt.

Little story: my little brother graduated lawschool some years ago (after having just turned 21 :shock: ) and now works for a legal insurance firm. I assume it exists everywhere but it's basically a firm where you pay a relatively small fixed ammount each year after which they'll cover you as often and as long as you need. Some months ago my brother was approached by a man who wanted to buy a dog online from a strong heritage, or whatever you call it. This man was not rich by any standards, he had practically no education and had been working his behind off to get this dog. So he finds this great dog on ebay from an old lady in London. He agrees to buy it for close to 1000 Euro, after which he is asked to transfer the money to Nigeria. So he does. After a few days he gets an extra bill: the dog needs to be medically examined before it can enter the Netherlands. He pays. Then an new bill comes, explaining the dog was treated so well it grew and needed a bigger cage. This went on for a while until the bill was almost 8000 euro, or around 11,000$. He started to become suspicious (remember that that's about 9 month's salary, and at that income you can hardly save more then $100/month!). So he contacted my brother, his legal representative, to go to Nigeria and get his money back. My brother tells him that the Nigerian government is not known for being overly active when it comes to this. At this point the man still believes the seller is an old English lady who just happened to move to Nigeria while the transaction was under way. After a while the man goes home, dissapointed, because he feels my brother dont want to help him get his money back. Then the next day my brother gets an email. His client has found on a localised ebay a new advertizement from someone with the exact same photo, this time claiming to live in the Dutch city of Eindhoven. Convinced that this was the same person he called sick for work and travelled all the way to Eindhoven to walk around looking for that lady. That's the last my brother heared of this case.

It's just a really sad thing. if you spam 10 million people ofcourse you're going to reach some morons. This man was undoubtedly stupid, but he never harmed anyone, worked his butt off and was so close to getting what he had wanted for so long. Remember folks: next UN elections, vote for me. Arjen: tough on Nigerians, soft on musicians!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

What about Nigerian Musicians?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

these scams are now pretty well screened out of my email (finally!), but I've started getting them on SMS and more recently even Skype ... investment offers and notes from pretty girls who "just want to be friends. Click the link to see my pictures."

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Dang, I'm usually good at spotting the spammers. Must be losing my touch.

I am so disappointed with human nature.

:(

Still curious about the ebay feedback rule changes though.

Ebay is only looking at your last 12 months of feedback now. So, if you had 12 negatives 2 years ago, but have been clean the last 12 months you have 100% feedback rating.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

What about Nigerian Musicians?

I'll be like candy to them: tough on the outside, sweet and soft inside. :P

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You've got my vote

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

The taxman would break his neck even if he did such a huge transaction online. :lol:

By the way, which amp are you supposed to use with the $ 600,000 guitar ?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'd plug it into my Epi Valve Junior.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I'd plug it into my Epi Valve Junior.

Sure Ric !

That's what my cat is doing more instinctively in my avatar (plugged it into a Marshall Junior Stack) :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2