Clear all

Indiana Guitars

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello All. I was wondering if any of you has any experiences with Indiana Guitars. Our local shop carries them and I am thinking about getting a St. Paul model, which is a LP style guitar. I currently own an Ibanez Gio and I'm thinking of making a trade.

Thanks in advance.

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

From what little I've read about Indiana guitars online, they aren't all that great. Keep in mind I was mainly reading about their acoustics. I'm not as familar with their electrics. I have also never played one in person. I don't like making a judgement before playing an intrument.

So, I'd just play it and if you like it, go for it! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

I don't know anything about the Indiana electrics, except that they exist. However, I play an Indiana Scout acoustic, and I think it's a very nice guitar. It feels sturdy in the hand,and it's already taken some good knocks around the house with no problems. The quality of the hardware and finish seem excellent-frets are smooth and even, tuners work well, etc. I think it sounds pretty good, too. I was at the guitar shop the other day, strumming my way around the showroom, Fender to Yamaha to Martin to Taylor, and nothing that I picked up sounded or felt notably better....except the $1200 Taylor T5 semi-hollowbody....but that axe is in another league altogether. http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/t5/feature/

So that's my .02, FWIW....proof's in the pudding, though, so plug oneof those electirc Indy's in and give it a whirl!

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote